Windows 10: Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?

Discus and support Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When attempting to launch Warframe from Steam the game will crash before the launcher even displays. Event viewer log is this: Faulting application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PeteWalinger, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?

When attempting to launch Warframe from Steam the game will crash before the launcher even displays. Event viewer log is this:

Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_unknown, version: 2020.12.11.12, time stamp: 0x5fd3ae5e

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0x27bfa5f0

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff0f9

Faulting process id: 0x3a18

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d4debc75a394

Faulting application path: D:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\Warframe\Tools\Launcher.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 843e5114-01ab-4db1-a60c-349667b74bfc

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I found this help article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-crash-with-ntdlldll/9aa59f80-99a1-4f3c-b2f0-7eb72df05b2a and followed the potential solutions updated Windows, ran scan disk but when i try to uninstall or reinstall the DLL i get an error message "the the DLL was loaded but the entry point DLLUnregisterServer was not found. Please make sure that ntdll is a valid file and try again"

:)

PeteWalinger, Dec 17, 2020
  2. spike47 Win User

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Dec 17, 2020
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Dec 17, 2020
  4. hexaae Win User

Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is  DLL file? [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code:

hexaae, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?

1. Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file? - Similar Threads - Game Crashes Event

2. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  3. ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR : NVLDDMKM in event viewer tends to crash games..: The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer....
  4. PC crashed and Event Viewer says it rebooted from a bugcheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashed and Event Viewer says it rebooted from a bugcheck: The entire message on the error is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff890d68772460, 0xfffff8039280be00, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071623-6968-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  5. PC crashed and Event Viewer says it rebooted from a bugcheck

PC crashed and Event Viewer says it rebooted from a bugcheck: The entire message on the error is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff890d68772460, 0xfffff8039280be00, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071623-6968-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  6. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  7. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  8. Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer: So i play alot of games but some of my games keep crashing (not all) on thing noticed is the games that crash are multiplayer games so i checked my event viewer and i got this error after i crashed i just need help fixing it to see if thats the problem Log Name: System...
  9. Event viewer showing errors , that keep crashing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer showing errors , that keep crashing games: so for the past few days ive beeen trying to troubleshoot this issue. it seems to have arisen from a windows update , but now i cant play a game for more than 5 minutes. IN event viewer i was getting dcom erorr 10016 but having seemingly fixed that issue now im lucky if i can...
  10. Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing: Hi, I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not...