Windows 10: Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer

Discus and support Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to run Sea of Thieves through steam, and I had the problem of the game crashing randomly while playing after moving the game to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by skoilah, Aug 4, 2020.

1. skoilah Win User

Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer

I am trying to run Sea of Thieves through steam, and I had the problem of the game crashing randomly while playing after moving the game to my secondary drive. I tried to find a solution, but I couldn't, so earlier today I completely factory reset my computer. After doing this I reinstalled steam onto the secondary drive and then reinstalled the game as well. It still crashes though, and I have no idea what else I can do to fix this. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

skoilah, Aug 4, 2020
  2. ufosunny Win User

Computer crash while playing some of the games.

Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer [​IMG]

While I am playing some of the games, such as Roblox, Rainbow Six, Minecraft, my computer will crash after 3-5 mins when playing, when the computer crashed, with a crash report, it shows I have Driver_Power_State_Failure or DPC watchdog violation, I tried
    those situations to fix it, but none of them is working.

The thing is happening like

While I am playing, suddenly my screen come with a flash of black, after that the whole game crashed, I tried to turn on task manager and shut the game down, or even wait until it closes automatically, but after about 10 seconds, the whole computer crash
    with a crash report, and restart the computer, after restarting, the crashing is still going on.

But for the strange thing is, I tried to run GTA V, after a long time, it's not crashing still, so, for now, I can only play other games when GTA V is running when I close GTA, it crashes again.

(Sorry for Chinese words)

Edit :

Minidump Files

Minidump.rar

ufosunny, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Logan Aro Win User
    D Drive is missing from my computer.

I was playing a game, and then my computer crashed. I have these crashes in any game that I have on full screen, and whenever I get these crashes I have to restart my computer. Sometimes it gives me the option to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the game and restart
    my computer from there. I have to restart my computer because my computer doesn't let me access task manager when I open it up because the full-screen game is frozen on my screen. But sometimes when it doesn't let me do that I have to hold down my Alienware
    startup key, and I know this hurts the computer. I have had to restart my computer using the Alienware startup key multiple times, and nothing bad seems to happen. But just yesterday I had to press down my Alienware startup key and I decided to get off after
    that. The next day once I got on I noticed that my recording files were missing and I didn't think much of it because I know I sometimes move them around. But once I tried to open a game launcher I knew something was wrong. I went straight into my file folder
    and noticed that my D Drive was missing. I have two main drives, my C drive and D drive. My C drive holds all of the system processing stuff and windows, while my D drive holds all my games and other things. My D drive also has a terabyte on it while my C
    drive only has around a 100 gigabytes. I then continued to look through my computer to confirm that everything on my D drive was removed, it was. Then I searched up on chrome how to fix a missing driver, my D drive is missing, How do you find a lost driver?, etc.
    And found a bunch of results that led me to nothing. My computer doesn't even recognize that there ever even was a D-Drive on my computer. It is like my computer uninstalled the drive. If anyone has any information that could help me I would really appreciate
    it. Otherwise, I can only use my computer to use things like Google and small games.

Logan Aro, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer

Computer crashes while playing games

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that how frustrating it can be when the PC crashes while playing games. I certainly appreciate your efforts taken towards resolving the issue.

For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. What happens when you try to run a game?
    4. Does the PC crashes only while playing games?
    5. Do you receive any stop code or error message when the PC crashes?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

In addition, you can check if Windows is up to date. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date
    and see if that helps.

If you receive a Blue Screen error, please share the dump files with us in order to assist you further. I have sent a private message to you, please share the dump files through the message.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer

1. Game crashes while playing after I moved it to the D drive on my computer - Similar Threads - Game crashes while

2. My computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes while playing games: Hi, it's been quite frustrating that when I'm playing any kind of videogame, sooner or later my computer crashes. Sometimes it can be "saved" by opening the task manager fast enough to stop the process, but when it's not enough, my monitor starts showing a black screen, or...
  3. My computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer crashes while playing games: Hi, it's been quite frustrating that when I'm playing any kind of videogame, sooner or later my computer crashes. Sometimes it can be "saved" by opening the task manager fast enough to stop the process, but when it's not enough, my monitor starts showing a black screen, or...
  4. My computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes while playing games: hey guys, my pc crashes and my monitors go to no signal, my PC is still powered on and i can still hear AND hear that im moving in whatever game im playing, its not my monitors because ive tried with multiple different cables and it still happens, they also both lose signal...
  6. Computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes while playing games: hey guys, my pc crashes and my monitors go to no signal, my PC is still powered on and i can still hear AND hear that im moving in whatever game im playing, its not my monitors because ive tried with multiple different cables and it still happens, they also both lose signal...
  7. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  8. Computer crashing while playing video games

Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  9. Computer Crashes While Playing Games

Computer Crashes While Playing Games: Anytime my computer in under load when playing a game, for example Apex Legends, my display turns into a solid color and nothing is working, but the computer is still on/fans are spinning/lights are on. I thought it was a power issue but normally if it has to do with power,...
  10. Computer crashes while playing games

Computer crashes while playing games: For a week now I've been getting error 141, I've looked around and started updating all my drivers. I then uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia and both monitors drivers. Here is the reliability report for 141: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date...