Windows 10: Game crashes without any error.

Discus and support Game crashes without any error. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bought The Witcher 3 finally. Been playing then the crash occurs. There's no error. Game just freezes but the audio still goes and responds to inputs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hangtime21, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Game crashes without any error.

Bought The Witcher 3 finally. Been playing then the crash occurs. There's no error. Game just freezes but the audio still goes and responds to inputs. When I press escape or alt tab, I go straight to desktop and the game just closes. Happening frequently now. Went to event viewer and saw this. Anyone know how to tackle this?

Faulting application name: mmc.exe, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xc39bfa6e
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
    Faulting process id: 0x2d0c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f027cb479b36
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: fc0668db-1298-49db-9c5c-83f39ca7424f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

hangtime21, Jun 27, 2017

2. Game crashing after prologue.

Hello, please, help. Already reinstall and reset the game. Update all drivers and reboot my system. Game always crash after prologue without any error message.

Олександр Андрієвський, Jun 27, 2017
  3. Crash without without error prompts.

Hey guys, i just switched to windows 10. So the games i played on windows 8.1 used to run fine withou any crashes. But since the switch, most of my games crash without an error prompt. As if games just terminate themselves while i am playing them. Any way
    i can fix this?

rishabhshetty, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

Game crashes without any error.

Please open an elevated command prompt and run the command Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] Please screenshot back the results.

This is due to the entire computer being bought second hand.

Hydrate, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Please screenshot back the results.

This is due to the entire computer being bought second hand.[/quote] Good call on the 2nd hand bit.
    Here is the result.

Game crashes without any error. [​IMG]

hangtime21, Jun 28, 2017
  6. Hydrate Win User
    Here is the result.

[/QUOTE]

As I suspected. Your Windows install is a little bit disorganized. Reboot the computer, do the exact same command and post the results a second time, then attempt the following after you login ONLY if the verbose says there are no problems detected:

Press [Windows Key + X] and this menu should appear

Select

Type in the following command: Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] And press [Enter]

Allow this process to reach 100% and post a screenshot once more.

Run your game once more and see if Microsoft Management Console snap-in still gives you a hard time.

Hydrate, Jun 28, 2017
  7. As I suspected. Your Windows install is a little bit disorganized. Reboot the computer, do the exact same command and post the results a second time, then attempt the following after you login ONLY if the verbose says there are no problems detected:

Press [Windows Key + X] and this menu should appear

Select

Type in the following command: Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] And press [Enter]

Allow this process to reach 100% and post a screenshot once more.

Run your game once more and see if Microsoft Management Console snap-in still gives you a hard time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the replies. I only have a problem with sfc /scannow making me have a login loop. Have to enter safe mode first then restart then it's ok. I don't actually login anymore since it's just my personal computer so it goes straight to desktop after boot. Could this be a problem? Also, I use a custom theme that resets every time I do this as well.

EDIT: Update after running sfc /scannow again
    So I ran it again but before I did, I put my theme back on and it resulted the same it seems as seen here. Then I ran it again and it resulted in no errors. Here is the result of dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. As you can see, I haven't changed my theme yet. I can't take the white background though.

hangtime21, Jun 28, 2017
  8. Game crashes without any error.

Even if sfc or dism does find corrupt files, I doubt it has anything to do with the game not starting?

@hangtime21: Is your version from GOG, Steam, or retail (discs)? Video drivers are up to date?

AnonVendetta, Jun 28, 2017
  9. The game starts. It crashes some minutes into it. It's the steam version. Updated to latest nvidia driver and it helped a bit but still crashed after a longer time. Haven't been able to test it out now after these though since I'm watching a tournament. I'll update how it goes when I get to play.

hangtime21, Jun 28, 2017
  10. Hydrate Win User
    We need a working system to rule out the system's integrity is not at fault.

Try to reinstall your graphics drivers and lower the graphics setting down. What's the temperature for your laptop's GPU/CPU/MOBO when it's running?

Hydrate, Jun 29, 2017
  11. Using a desktop. The gpu gets to 80c. Haven't noticed cpu though. Tried the game again and same problem. Still froze. Alt tab then it exits without any error notice. Event viewer says same mmc.exe problem. Have yet to change the graphics settings. Could it be the custom theme?

Edit: Also noticed this warning preceding the error a few seconds. "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

hangtime21, Jun 29, 2017
  12. Hydrate Win User
    Have you attempted to reinstall video drivers?

Hydrate, Jun 29, 2017
  13. Archie123 Win User

what custom theme? I doubt the error is down to management console but something conflicting with it , does your gpu have a factory overclock? have you overclocked it? do you have a custom fan curve? what driver version?

Archie123, Jun 30, 2017
  14. My windows is on a custom dark theme. Well I do have an overclock right now but iirc I tried without and it still crashed.

hangtime21, Jun 30, 2017
  15. Can't edit my previous post so just gonna do it here. The theme is After Dark CC v2. Yes I do have a custom fan curve. Driver is 382.05

hangtime21, Jun 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Game crashes without any error. - Similar Threads - Game crashes without

2. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  3. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  4. Games crashing to desktop without errors

Games crashing to desktop without errors: Hello,I have been having random crashes to desktop after playing certain games on Windows 11. The games just crash without showing me any errors. My system is as follows: Processor 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-13700K, 3400 Mhz, 16 Cores, 24 Logical Processors MB Asus PRIME...
  5. Games keep crashing without any errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing without any errors: Whenever I try playing some games, they keep crashing, first it was Lost Ark which had no issues for the days before, and now it's Elden ring.Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x620fbd9aFaulting module name: eldenring.exe, version:...
  6. Games keep crashing without any errors

Games keep crashing without any errors: Whenever I try playing some games, they keep crashing, first it was Lost Ark which had no issues for the days before, and now it's Elden ring.Faulting application name: eldenring.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x620fbd9aFaulting module name: eldenring.exe, version:...
  7. Games keep crashing without any errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Game Crash To Desktop Without Error

Game Crash To Desktop Without Error: I recently find my games crashing straight to the desktop. After running the game about 10-15 mins, the game just suddenly closed without giving me any error message. I never experiencing this kind of issue before. . I have tried to fix this problem by update my graphics...
  9. Games crashing without error

Games crashing without error: Hello Not really sure where to start, but basically games run fine, all of a sudden they freeze for a second and crash without any error message. At first I thought it was an unstable overclock, but turning settings back to stock left me with same results. Then I thought it...
  10. Game crash without error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game crash without error: I recently find my games crashing straight to the desktop. After running the game about 10-15 mins, the game just suddenly closed without giving me any error message. I never experiencing this kind of issue before. But this seems to be happened after the most recent update...