Windows 10: Game crashing and system reboot

Discus and support Game crashing and system reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 10.0.18362 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super IntelR CoreTM i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz I have a brand new pc. When i launch a game such as Call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anthony1990, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Game crashing and system reboot

Windows 10 10.0.18362

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
    IntelR CoreTM i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz

I have a brand new pc. When i launch a game such as Call of Duty: Warzone, Sea of Thieves, Fortnite, i get a crash to desktop. Sometimes the crash even results in my system completely rebooting. I have updated all drivers and windows 10 as well. I do not see it being a hardware issue as I have already took my pc back to microcenter and exchanged it for another just like it, with the same issue happening on the new system. I have researching relentlessly across the web. If someone could help me with this issue i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

:)

Anthony1990, Mar 16, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 16, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Game crashing and system reboot

System crashes with: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first." while accessing games on Windows 10

Hi Luigi,

Thank you for responding.

I understand that you have found out the issue persists with the compatibility of the games on Windows 10.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if you are able to access those with no issues.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated gaming software from the
      Windows Store.
    • Right click the gaming software
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the game and check.

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates from Microsoft and updated drivers from Manufacturer's website.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Game crashing and system reboot

1. Game crashing and system reboot - Similar Threads - Game crashing system

2. Sudden System Crash, had to reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden System Crash, had to reboot: Hello, System suddenly crashed, I had to reboot manually.Error code in EventVwr:I work on this system so I take crashes very seriously. What could it be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-system-crash-had-to-reboot/d08cc444-6335-4857-ad21-51c146c80e70
  3. Sudden System Crash, had to reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden System Crash, had to reboot: Hello, System suddenly crashed, I had to reboot manually.Error code in EventVwr:I work on this system so I take crashes very seriously. What could it be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-system-crash-had-to-reboot/d08cc444-6335-4857-ad21-51c146c80e70
  4. System crashes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes while gaming: I have been chasing crashes around at 1st it was drivers now the crash and reboot happened so fast I missed reading the stop code.its a new build with 1 new SSD and 2 old HDD and SSD drives. 102622-10437-01 is the one I missed and don't know how to read the WinDbg screen. If...
  5. Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot: My machine crashes every so often blue screen and reboots. Upon viewing event logs, there's not much information except the following:The previous system shutdown at 11:20:56 AM on ‎8/‎08/‎2022 was unexpected.I'm running the following setup:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with...
  6. Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - System Crash & Reboot: My machine crashes every so often blue screen and reboots. Upon viewing event logs, there's not much information except the following:The previous system shutdown at 11:20:56 AM on ‎8/‎08/‎2022 was unexpected.I'm running the following setup:Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with...
  7. Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system: Win 10 updated Ryzen 5 1600 6core updated Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti 4 GB Updated Ran Stress tests on CPU, ROG GPU Heaven RAM Memtest, and all are good. When playing High Graphics games the system will suddenly crash and reboot. View event shows: Error:41 Error: 126...
  8. Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming: Hello, I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning. As suggested in the linked thread I...
  9. Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming: Hello, I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning. As suggested in the linked thread I...
  10. crash to bluescreen or system reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crash to bluescreen or system reboot: Hi, I've been having this problem when playing a game for quite sometime. Always about 10 minutes in and then all seems fine after. However, of late it is becoming more frequent or more random: Problem signature: P1: 154 P2: ffffb68a538fc000 P3: fffff9010e75c6b0 P4: 2 P5:...