Windows 10: Game crashing on one user profile and not others

Discus and support Game crashing on one user profile and not others in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jackson Ewers, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Game crashing on one user profile and not others

Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET as errors. I tried creating a new user profile, and the game works without crashing when playing it on that user profile. This appears to indicate my primary user profile has corrupted data or conflicts in configuration/security settings. Is there a way to fix this? I would prefer not to swap to using an entirely new user profile. Thank you in advance.

:)

Jackson Ewers, Nov 15, 2022
Thema:

Game crashing on one user profile and not others

1. Game crashing on one user profile and not others - Similar Threads - Game crashing user

2. Transfer "User" profile to other Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer "User" profile to other Disk: My PC has 2 HDDs, a 250GB solid state drive system and a 1TB normal drive data. The system drive has 10GB free where as the data drive has 800 GB free.On the System Drive, I see my "user" folder uses 140 GB but size on Disk an alleged 115 GB.Can I just cut and paste the User...
  3. Transfer "User" profile to other Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer "User" profile to other Disk: My PC has 2 HDDs, a 250GB solid state drive system and a 1TB normal drive data. The system drive has 10GB free where as the data drive has 800 GB free.On the System Drive, I see my "user" folder uses 140 GB but size on Disk an alleged 115 GB.Can I just cut and paste the User...
  4. Transfer "User" profile to other Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game crashing on one user profile and not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashing on one user profile and not others: Hello. The video game Prey 2017, when played on my primary user profile, often crashes to desktop and gives DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET as errors. I tried creating a new user profile, and the game works without crashing when playing it on that user...
  6. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  7. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  8. Unable to access other user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Explorer crash repeatedly only in one user profile: Hi, I had one profile that could not use because explorer process repeatly restart and made unusuable the desktop.. On others or new profiles all works fine.. the problem is only on one profile the most usedI updated from 1809 to the last version 21h2, no 3rd party...
  10. Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other: I've search and I see threads on this issue but no real answer. Snip & Sketch crashes on launch. It only happens on one user profile. If I log out and in under another profile same computer Snip and Sketch works. I've deleted the offending profile and recreated it...