Windows 10: Game crashing problem pertaining to ntdll.dll

Discus and support Game crashing problem pertaining to ntdll.dll in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have had regular crashes to desktop in the game HITMAN 3 since it was released this January. I bought the game on Epic Games Store, and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr47steam, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Mr47steam Win User

Game crashing problem pertaining to ntdll.dll

Hello, I have had regular crashes to desktop in the game HITMAN 3 since it was released this January. I bought the game on Epic Games Store, and am running it on Windows 10.

The crashes happen randomly during gameplay with no discernable pattern. Since my computer specifications are fine for the game, I have started out by looking online for solutions to the problem. I have performed DISM scans, Checkdsk, sfc/scan, memory check, uninstalling graphics drivers, in other words just about every solution the internet has given me, none have helped.

I have contacted the HITMAN 3 developers for support, and after a long talk with them, they have discovered a log issue related to ntdll.dll and urged me to contact Microsoft Support about the issue. "[COLOR=rgba80, 0, 80, 1]After further investigation of the logs you provided, it seems you are experiencing issues pertaining to " ntdll.dll", which suggests issues with the Windows operating system itself.[/COLOR]"

The log in question:

[COLOR=rgba80, 0, 80, 1]Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 1.0.0.277, time stamp: 0x3ef859d5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0x039874b8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004f417
Faulting process id: 0x1c3c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d70661fe73f150
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Hitman 2 Silent Assassin\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 8a9ed528-36ca-4beb-84f7-3e84078af60e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:[/COLOR]

Now the log appears to be referencing another game altogether, "Hitman 2 Silent Assassin" which was bought on Steam and seems completely unrelated. When I brought this to the attention of the support team, they maintained that: "[COLOR=rgba80, 0, 80, 1]While the error is not particularly referring to HITMAN 3, both games are installed on the same machine, and the existence of the error itself is the problem, not the game it is pointing at.[/COLOR]"

So here I am, asking for clarification about my problem. Is it truly related to ntdll.dll and if it is, what should I do to fix it?

Thanks

:)

Mr47steam, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Kiyop_275 Win User

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

Hey,

It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.

I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1 SSD with 128Go wontaining my C

and 1 Disk of 1To containing my D,E,F...

I have allready tried the following to fix the problem :

• Running regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll -> raises an error saying the module was loaded but the entry point is not found. Check if the DLL or OCX file is valid.
    • Running repair tool from windows.
    • Update all drivers manualy.
    • Completly remove graphic card driver and reinstall it.
    • Redumping my C: disk with a new windows.
    I have followed most of the tutorials I found, nothing worked. I have had this issue with Rogue Company. I have had previous issues like this one though I can't tell for sure it was because of kernel32.

I would appreciate any help.

Kiyop_275, Apr 8, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Game crashing problem pertaining to ntdll.dll

DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Game crashing problem pertaining to ntdll.dll

1. Game crashing problem pertaining to ntdll.dll - Similar Threads - Game crashing problem

2. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  3. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  4. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games: hello,recently most of my games kept crashing and these 2 errors kept popping upthis happens few weeks ago but the problem just suddenly gone and now its back and what started this issue is battlefield 2042i uninstalled battlefield 2042 and deleted everything related to it...
  5. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games: hello,recently most of my games kept crashing and these 2 errors kept popping upthis happens few weeks ago but the problem just suddenly gone and now its back and what started this issue is battlefield 2042i uninstalled battlefield 2042 and deleted everything related to it...
  6. Kernel32DLL and ntdll crashing games

7. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  9. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

10. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...