Windows 10: Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine

Discus and support Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10, ARM64 and Unreal Engine? On the same laptop? Is that a thing? It soon will be. In this blog, I’ll show how you can get started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine

Windows 10, ARM64 and Unreal Engine? On the same laptop? Is that a thing?

It soon will be. In this blog, I’ll show how you can get started porting your UE4 games and graphics to Windows 10 on ARM in order to prepare for a targeted version of Unreal Engine.

It shouldn’t be that much of a surprise. Visual C++ compilers and libraries for ARM64 have been available since Visual Studio 15.9. And OEMs like Acer, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft and Samsung have been selling Windows 10 on ARM devices powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon compute platform.

What may surprise you, though, is that Windows 10 on ARM is suitable for a lot more than just word processing, web browsing and checking email. Miguel Nunes demonstrated Zoom on a https://youtu.be/O5BAPYlK3iA with up to 3x-longer battery life than a comparable x86-powered laptop. And Windows on ARM support for x64 apps on the Surface Pro X is here as well.

Even more surprising is the performance you’ll see when you start porting your UE games to ARM64 and running them on a laptop powered by Snapdragon compute platforms.

But maybe the biggest surprise is that you won’t have to run in emulation.

The icing on the cake: Native ARM64 support for Unreal Engine is coming

Windows 10 on ARM supports x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) targets with emulation, which gives you a quick way to deploy. Recompiling your code as native ARM64 apps opens the doors to faster processing, more-efficient power consumption and all the advantages of the Snapdragon compute platform and the Qualcomm Adreno GPU.

That’s why we engaged ForwardXP to create an ARM64 version of the venerable Infiltrator Demo as a proof of concept. While this demo is several years old now, it was created with the purposes of showcasing the capabilities of Unreal Engine 4 with high-end content. To this day, the demo still demands a lot from even a high-end, discrete PC GPU for credible, real-time performance.

We put ourselves in your shoes and decided to optimize the content of the demo itself rather than the core engine. Why? Because it better represented the journey you would take in porting your games to ARM64 and in scaling the performance for a wide range of hardware.

Besides optimizations to the demo content, the project required development work to add Windows 10 ARM64 support to Unreal Engine 4.23. For more information on targeting Unreal Engine for Windows on ARM64 visit the Unreal Engine for Windows on Arm64 tutorial in our Game Developer Guide.

Read more: Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine

:)

Brink, May 4, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Read more: Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine

Brink, May 5, 2021
  3. Unreal Engine launcher bug

When i go to open the “Epic Games Launcher” to open unreal engine 4 it just says its loading and then doesn’t open

could someone help

here’s a video i made about this:

TastelessCone16, May 5, 2021
  4. Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine

Help needed with Unreal Engine games stuttering on my rig

It seems that on my rig I have a stuttering issue with some Unreal engine based games. Some of them just seem to stream really badly whereas others are flawless, it's really hit and miss. Most notably and recently the problem games have been "Bulletstorm & Alice: Madness Returns".

Here's a full list of the games which stutter on my rig using the Unreal Engine

Alice : Madness Returns
    Bulletstorm
    Blacksite - Area 51
    Wolverine

Games which use the unreal engine and play fine without any issues (on my rig) -

Bioshock 1 & 2
    Batman AA
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Borderlands
    Gears Of War
    BIA - Hell's Highway
    Mass Effect
    Singularity
    Mirror's Edge
    Medal Of Honor Airborne
    Rainbow Six 1 & 2

I'm looking for any major things I can do to optimise the engine to work better with my current setup. I will update the first post with your suggestions so it can also help others in the future.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

LifeOnMars, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Game developers: Windows 10 ARM64 support is coming to Unreal Engine - Similar Threads - Game developers ARM64

2. kernell32/ntdll error playing Unreal Engine games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernell32/ntdll error playing Unreal Engine games: After 5-10 minutes of playing some unreal engine games Squad, The Finals, the game crashes with an error see attached. I have attempted a windows reinstall, sfc /scannow, game reinstalls, driver reinstalls, and more. Please help....
  3. kernell32/ntdll error playing Unreal Engine games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernell32/ntdll error playing Unreal Engine games: After 5-10 minutes of playing some unreal engine games Squad, The Finals, the game crashes with an error see attached. I have attempted a windows reinstall, sfc /scannow, game reinstalls, driver reinstalls, and more. Please help....
  4. Unreal Engine Crashing Game - Win64_Shipping, kernel32, ntdll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine Crashing Game - Win64_Shipping, kernel32, ntdll: I am getting this error for a game I'm trying to play. Game entirely crashes out and I'm not sure why. I just did a windows reinstall, disabled XMP, reinstalled nvidia graphics drivers, passed memtest86, etc. Any ideas?LowLevelFatalError...
  5. Unreal Engine Crashing Game - Win64_Shipping, kernel32, ntdll

Unreal Engine Crashing Game - Win64_Shipping, kernel32, ntdll: I am getting this error for a game I'm trying to play. Game entirely crashes out and I'm not sure why. I just did a windows reinstall, disabled XMP, reinstalled nvidia graphics drivers, passed memtest86, etc. Any ideas?LowLevelFatalError...
  6. Unreal Engine crashes when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine crashes when launching games: Unreal Engine crashes when launching gamesHey, I hope to get some help in answering some problems I am facing. Namely, when launching any game on unreal engine the game starts to stutter a lot and practically after a few seconds it stops working and displays me the error...
  7. Unreal Engine crashes when launching games

Unreal Engine crashes when launching games: Unreal Engine crashes when launching gamesHey, I hope to get some help in answering some problems I am facing. Namely, when launching any game on unreal engine the game starts to stutter a lot and practically after a few seconds it stops working and displays me the error...
  8. Unreal engine 4 Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unreal engine 4 Problems: Aloha ich bräuchte Hilfe. Es geht ums gaming. Ich habe das Problem das ich absolut kein Unreal Engine 4 Spiel spielen kann. Bei jedem kommt die Meldung failed to open descriptor file...... Uproject. Ich Plage mich damit schon seit Ewigkeiten und es sind ausschliesslich...
  9. trying to run unreal engine 4 to create a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trying to run unreal engine 4 to create a game: I have a pretty old computer but is up to date with the latest updates. I just downloaded unreal engine 4 because I'm trying to make video game. But it keeps telling me that I need "DX 11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine". But I have already downloaded DirectX...
  10. Unreal Engine launcher bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unreal Engine launcher bug: When i go to open the “Epic Games Launcher” to open unreal engine 4 it just says its loading and then doesn’t open could someone help here’s a video i made about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwjzjOIjk2A...