Windows 10: Game DLC for games bought on a different platform

Discus and support Game DLC for games bought on a different platform in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have Surviving Mars from Epic Games and I bought the Season Pass DLC on the Microsoft Store but I can't get it to download with out the game from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Hefe42, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Hefe42 Win User

Game DLC for games bought on a different platform

I have Surviving Mars from Epic Games and I bought the Season Pass DLC on the Microsoft Store but I can't get it to download with out the game from Microsoft Store.

:)

Hefe42, Oct 12, 2019

2. Are you able to use a Xbox Gift Card to pay for games and DLC's on Xbox360

NOTE: About Xbox 360

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am confused by one thing on the Xbox gift card info page and it is that it says
    • You can’t use the Xbox gift card to purchase content from the Xbox 360 Marketplace or Xbox 360 content on the Xbox One.
    So if I wanted to buy a game, say Goat Simulator, could I do it on the marketplace? Or will I need to buy it off of the Xbox website, then download the game onto the Xbox. Please answer as I don't want to waste $25 and not be able to get a game and its DLC's
    (Game= $10 Every DLC=$5) On Xbox 360

AssailantOfAll, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Bought the AC Unity Season Pass? You get a free game.

In a post this morning from Yannis Mallat, CEO of Ubisoft Montreal, it was stated that sales of the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed Unity have been suspended. Anyone who has already bought the game will receive the Dead Kings DLC for free.

Anyone who has already bought the Season Pass or Gold Edition of Assassin's Creed Unity will be eligible for a free game from Ubisoft. Surprisingly, the games that Ubisoft is offering are actually newer triple-A titles.

While I'd really like for AC Unity to be able to maintain 60 FPS on Ultra, especially with dual R9 290s, this is most definitely a good move by Ubisoft after some terrible recent game launches.

Full statement from Yannis Mallat is here: An Update on Assassin?s Creed Unity from Yannis Mallat

Dead Kings DLC/Free game FAQ here: Assassins Creed Unity Offer FAQ - Assassin's Creed Unity Updates | Ubisoft (US)

blackroseMD1, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Game DLC for games bought on a different platform

Game DLC Shows Up Under Apps In The Library

EDIT: Here is a video of the issue: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ah7yVPS9qj32kQ5MNkep24was6Jh

I'm also getting an issue with owned content not showing in the library.

---

I will try my best to explain this issue. In the library, under apps in the Windows 10 Store I have multiple items (most of which I purchased as GAME DLC) that show up as apps. Many of them have no icon and when click lead to an error page that
    says “The thing you’re looking for isn’t here. We probably don’t have it, but just in case, try searching for it.”

I reported this issue to the feedback hub nearly six months ago or more. You can find that report here:
    https://aka.ms/Qd5y1x

When I go to my library this is what it looks like this:

Game DLC for games bought on a different platform a4265917-40ca-4975-9eab-28267df9dc23.jpg

As noted by the red X’s, this content is not apps. When I clicked on “show all” this content was not shown.

Recently I read that the store library had received updates on the insider preview. So I opted into the “release preview” ring in order to install the new version of the store. I wanted to see if this had been fixed, but sadly this just made
    it worse. Now all of this content is showing under apps when I click show all. The store version is: 11712.1001.6.0

When I go to my library, and click show all apps this is what it looks like now:

Game DLC for games bought on a different platform 9d7dd178-429f-4f29-aa4e-b551c4b12da2.png

The content that are games or game DLC is the following:

Killer Instinct: Season 3 Ultra Edition (this is a game I bought but it shows under apps)

Killer Instinct: Season 1 & 2 Double Combo (this is a game DLC I bought but it shows under apps)

American Dad! Pinball (this is game DLC for Pinball Fx2 I bought but it shows under apps)

Rash (I have no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Story Mode - Skin Pack (again game DLC I bought for Minecraft)

Pacman? (this was removed from the store & can be removed from my account if possible)

Mira (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

TJ Combo (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Glacius (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

General RAAM (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Spinal (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Thunder (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Maya (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Fulgore (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Tusk (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Eyedol (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Gargos (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Family Guy Pinball (this is game DLC for Pinball Fx2 I bought but it shows under apps)

Kim Wu (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

ARIA (no idea what this is, could be related to Killer Instinct)

Nurburgring Track Pack (Forza Motorsport 6: Apex DLC)

Power to Weight Car Pack (Forza Motorsport 6: Apex DLC)

Hyper Endurance Car Pack (Forza Motorsport 6: Apex DLC)

I do NOT want this content (expect for Pacman?) removed . I payed for this content, I just want this fixed so it doesn’t show up under apps. They are not apps... they are game DLC. They pretty much should be hidden from the end user.

I've gone through MS support to see about getting in contact with a software engineer working on the store to get this fixed but support hasn't been very helpful. Does anyone have any advise as to how I can go about getting this bug fixed? It's a minor issue
    but it is annoying to have all of this listed under apps whenever I go to actually install an app from my library.

&Brandon, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Game DLC for games bought on a different platform

1. Game DLC for games bought on a different platform - Similar Threads - Game DLC games

2. i BOUGHT IN-GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i BOUGHT IN-GAME: PUR-User AlreadyOwnsContent EG7mGM+COG7w3Vo.2.9.1.2.1 2023/03/28 - 21;16;59 UTCI GET THIS MESSAGE AFTER I PURCHASED IN-GAME CASH WHILE PLAYING TOWNSHIP AND RRECEIVE CASH WHICH IS UNACCETABLE I'VE PURCHASD A LOT THRU MICOSOFT AND CAN;T UNDERSTAND WHY PLAYEX IS SAYING THAT I...
  3. i BOUGHT IN-GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i BOUGHT IN-GAME: PUR-User AlreadyOwnsContent EG7mGM+COG7w3Vo.2.9.1.2.1 2023/03/28 - 21;16;59 UTCI GET THIS MESSAGE AFTER I PURCHASED IN-GAME CASH WHILE PLAYING TOWNSHIP AND RRECEIVE CASH WHICH IS UNACCETABLE I'VE PURCHASD A LOT THRU MICOSOFT AND CAN;T UNDERSTAND WHY PLAYEX IS SAYING THAT I...
  4. Game Ping difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Ping difference: Can somebody please explain this??? I dont understand why Speedtests Ive done a Ookla speedtest and a Ipv4 speed test Tell me my ping is low but when im in games like Roblox, Valorant, Planetside 2, I experience extreme buffering sometimes. Some days the ping stays low other...
  5. Where is the Dragon Age Inquisition Game of The Year DLC on Game Pass?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Dragon Age Inquisition Game of The Year DLC on Game Pass?: I linked my EA account to my Game Pass Ultimate account and downloaded EA Play. I try to get the Dragon Age Inquisition Game of the Year edition, which includes all the dlc, but all the dlc is missing. Where is it? I checked and the version of Dragons Age Inquisition that...
  6. Game transferring from platforms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game transferring from platforms: I bought a game on my Xbox one, which is linked to my Microsoft account. I now have a pc and am trying to download the game through Microsoft store. When I go to the game it says that I own it, then I press install on my device and only my Xbox one that I originally bought...
  7. Bought a game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought a game: I bought forza horizon 4 and it said that the purchase didnt work. It took my money and i didnt get the game what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-a-game/abda46ec-7fd7-4f2a-b5e3-002d1eb6561f
  8. Changing gaming platform

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing gaming platform: Hi, I am in the process of changing gaming platform from xbox live to PC. IS the function available to migrate my current gaming progress from xbox to my PC account? Or will I have to start from scratch again? C....
  9. Microsoft DLC Game Refund.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft DLC Game Refund.: Recently I had bought a DLC on the store thinking it was the game- but I soon realized that it wasn't the actual game. I was just wondering if there is a way I can get a refund for this?...
  10. Game Sharing “Play Anywhere” DLC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Sharing “Play Anywhere” DLC: The person that I game share with bought the dlc for Ark. It shows that I own the base game and can install it in my pc as it is a “play anywhere” title. However, it does not show that I own the DLC. I play the DLC on my xbox console so it should show as owned, however it...