Windows 10: Game doesn't download but still took up space

Discus and support Game doesn't download but still took up space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided to download a game and I left it on to download came back and the download were gone so I checked if it was installed and It did not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TippyWhisper978, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Game doesn't download but still took up space

I decided to download a game and I left it on to download came back and the download were gone so I checked if it was installed and It did not have the game. Tried to download it again but it said I now have less storage to download it even thought it didn't download. I know it downloaded because of the windows app file and it taking up the space it needed. Is there any way to fix it? Here are some screenshots. Game doesn't download but still took up space 25061f59-821b-4b4a-bd9e-7919f7bf1e64?upload=true.png Game doesn't download but still took up space ea39b54a-6ced-41c1-a583-a950c9dcd66e?upload=true.png Game doesn't download but still took up space 696b1b90-3708-4c2e-8949-298441cc1a3e?upload=true.png

:)

TippyWhisper978, Apr 17, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Game doesn't download but still took up space [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Forza Horizon 4 - Crashing on Startup, doesn´t run

Hi Vijay,

thanks for response. I tried your steps with a Google DNS and Open DNS - but it doesn´t help.

The game still crashes in the moment I try to run it.

I'll be glad for another solutions.

Vít Řípa, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Game doesn't download but still took up space

keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Game doesn't download but still took up space

1. Game doesn't download but still took up space - Similar Threads - Game doesn't download

2. i cancelled the download sea of thives but it is still taking up the 89gb of space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cancelled the download sea of thives but it is still taking up the 89gb of space...: i was installing sea of thives my internet was being **** and i cancelled the download untill it was fixed and its still taking up the allocated space...
  3. i cancelled the download sea of thives but it is still taking up the 89gb of space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cancelled the download sea of thives but it is still taking up the 89gb of space...: i was installing sea of thives my internet was being **** and i cancelled the download untill it was fixed and its still taking up the allocated space...
  4. Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Still taking up space when it was paused and cannot resume: I was trying to download this game ark survival evolved from the Microsoft store. While the game was installing, I turned off my pc to go to sleep. Next day, I got on my pc to try to resume the download. It would not let me download the game and the game that was paused is...
  5. Cancelled download still taking up space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cancelled download still taking up space: So I started to download a game on the Xbox app but cancelled it before it could finish, the reserved space is still there, how can I clear this space? submitted by /u/zainur98 [link] [comments]...
  6. Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting

Game still taking up 50GB+ of space after deleting: I started installing Sea of Thieves to my new laptop a few days ago, only to find that a massive 100GB of disk space has been taken for a game which lists only 50GB or slightly over, as required for install. The laptop is for work, however, I fancied testing out the game as...
  7. Uninstalled Game from Xbox Game Pass Still Taking Up Space

Uninstalled Game from Xbox Game Pass Still Taking Up Space: To Whom It May Concern, I am having an issue after uninstalling Halo: MCC from my Xbox Game Pass Subscription on PC. After uninstalling it no longer appears in the Xbox Store/Launcher, but my storage did not recover the space. When I go into Settings->Storage it says that...
  8. Download errors and still using up disk space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download errors and still using up disk space?: i just wanted to install a big .exe file but had too little memory for it so it stopped after some time. now the disk space is full and i can't find the folder or whatever it was that took so much memory Download-Fehler und trotzdem Speicherplatz verbraucht?
  9. I downloaded a game, I thought it completed, it took up space and I can't find it

I downloaded a game, I thought it completed, it took up space and I can't find it: So I've been trying to download Forza Motorsport 7 for a good 15+ hours now.. and it has 98 GB. Earlier this morning I pulled up the Microsoft store app to check on my downloads and it had less than 30 MB left. After about 2 mins, I come back and check the downloads page....
  10. Stopping Nvidia GPU Download / Took Steps / Still Doing it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stopping Nvidia GPU Download / Took Steps / Still Doing it.: I want to stick to a particular driver for my GPU, not the WHQL version that MS is providing, I've stopped the driver update via the device manager, but the system is still trying to get me to download a version I don't want. How can I delete this pending install, as I'm...