Windows 10: Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

Discus and support Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have downloaded GameLoft's Asphalt 9 from the Microsoft Store some time back. I uninstalled it for a couple months, and I want to reinstall it now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KingKeltron, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

I have downloaded GameLoft's Asphalt 9 from the Microsoft Store some time back. I uninstalled it for a couple months, and I want to reinstall it now, but I want to start over completely with no saved data.

When I go back in to the Microsoft Store and go to my Library, it shows that I have the game and lets me reinstall it if I want. But when I do, it pulls back in the original game progress from when I had first installed it. I know most people probably want it to work that way, but I truly do want to start fresh.

Inside the game I don't see anyway to reset. I've tried uninstalling the game and trying to locate any remaining saved data on my computer, but it doesn't seem to have any. I'm guessing it is saved in my Microsoft account.

I've searched online and followed several tips, but none seem to work.

I just want to reset my game data. Anyone know how to do that?

:)

KingKeltron, Mar 25, 2019

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 25, 2019
  3. not able to download games from store

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with downloading games from the Windows Store. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Your account may be restricted from downloading games that are inappropriate for your age.
    • Games you're trying to download are not available in your current region.
    • Corrupted app data
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you using an adult or a child account?
    • Is the Microsoft account you're using in the Windows Store app the same as your Windows 10 user account?
    • Are you using an administrator user account?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues with downloading and installing games from the Windows Store.

Catherine Cus., Mar 25, 2019
  4. Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data

1. Game Downloaded from MS Store, Uninstalled, But Retains My Game Data - Similar Threads - Game Downloaded Store

2. Error code when downloading game from MS store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code when downloading game from MS store: I'm getting Error Code: 0x80070424 while trying to download grounded but its done it to multiple games and I've tried everything I know of. I've done wsreset.exe, I've tried running PowerShell commands, resetting it in Settings > Apps > MS Reset. please help as soon as...
  3. MS Store can't uninstall/play game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Store can't uninstall/play game: [ATTACH] Hi! I downloaded Sea of Thieves and i played it a lot, i had a new problem, i couldn't downloaded anything, then i deleted the Registry for D:\WindowsApps, while the SoT was installed, now the MS Store thinks, that the Game is installed, but its not reserved any...
  4. Issue with downloading a game from the store

Issue with downloading a game from the store: Today I bought and tried to download Gears of War Ultimate Edition from the Microsoft store but while it was downloading my laptop shut itself down because I didn't have it plugged in. When i go back into the store, the partially completed download has disappeared and it's...
  5. Issue with downloading a game from the store

Issue with downloading a game from the store: Today I bought and tried to download Gears of War Ultimate Edition from the Microsoft store but while it was downloading my laptop shut itself down because I didn't have it plugged in. When i go back into the store, the partially completed download has disappeared and it's...
  6. Uninstalling game from Microsoft store will not free data from hard drive

Uninstalling game from Microsoft store will not free data from hard drive: I was trying to uninstall the Master Chief collection, and now my C drive is misreporting the drive about 100gb fuller than it should be. There is nothing in softwaredistribution/download. And nothing relating to halo in windowsapps, and even if there were i cannot seem to...
  7. This is how MS Store downloads games...

This is how MS Store downloads games...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someniatko [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxwe2l/this_is_how_ms_store_downloads_games/
  8. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...
  9. How to uninstall game from Store

How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/e6d16d2c-0837-44ec-898a-2f17537aadeb"
  10. How to uninstall game from Store

How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/685fde4e-10f1-4f36-8d2e-2135c4f41089"