Windows 10: Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

Discus and support Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My xbox game capture is in my temp folder and I want to move it, but cannot. Can anyone help me with this issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realjrjelly, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

/u/realjrjelly, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Jma Group Win User

Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder
    unavailable. is there a fix for this other than reinstalling windows? Furthermore why isnt there a way to manually select a folder or type in a desired path. FYI my old capture location was "D:\Captures" which is still there with all my old clips it just divorced
    the game dvr and now windows settings dont want nothin to do with it.

Jma Group, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Jma Group Win User
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

Oh and i forgot to mention the captures folder on my D: drive was the one previously being used but as you see from the properties it has lost all affinity to the magic win 10 game dvr settings. i have to wonder, does the captures folder contain a configuration
    file that somehow got deleted. I really just wish windows 10 was smart enough to create a new capture folder rather than permanently default to temp folder

Jma Group, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Dude Win User

Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10  

Hmm, its being a pita. It seems you need to do more than drag and drop. Look below and see if this helps you

How to change the Captures folder for Windows Game DVR
    In order to change the default location where your game clips and screenshots are saved on Windows 10, use the following steps:

Open File Explorer.
    Click on This PC.
    Browse the following path:

C:\Users\%username%\Videos

Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.

Click the on the Location tab.
    Click the Move button.

Browse to the new location to store your Captures folder.
    On the top-left corner, click the New folder button.
    Name the folder Captures and press Enter.
    Select the newly created folder, and click Select Folder.

Quick Tip: Avoid selecting the root of a drive (for example, EGame DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder :), as you will get an error message trying to restore your default settings in the future. In addition, using the default Game DVR settings, it's also possible to select a network share folder as the new location, if you have a network-attached storage (NAS) or a computer in your local network with more available storage. While this works over a Wi-Fi connection, you'll get better performance using an Ethernet (wired) network connection.
    Click Apply.
    Click Yes to confirm the move.

Click OK.
    Using these instructions, you're only changing and moving the Captures folder, and it's not necessary to relocate the Videos folder and all its content, which you may still want to keep in the same location. Once you complete the steps, Game DVR will automatically continue to save your screenshots and clips in the new location without additional configurations in Settings or in the Xbox app.

You can quickly confirm that Game DVR is using the new location on Settings > Gaming > Game DVR, and then checking the folder path for screenshots and games clips, which now should reflect the new location. Or in the Xbox app, you can go to Settings > Game DVR, and check the location for Saving captures.

Thema:

Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder

1. Game DVR Capture folder moved to Temp folder - Similar Threads - Game DVR Capture

2. Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder: I moved the Captures folder to a different hard drive and now my captures get sent to my C Drive Temp Folder. When I open the game bar to see my captures there's nothing to see there. When I click the folder icon on Gallery it doesn't open anything. When I go to the settings...
  3. My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC

My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC: How do I change this from the windows 10 temp folder to something else.Eg. it is stuck in this folder and I cant move it to change the locationC:\Users\[id]\AppData\Local\Temp...
  4. My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game captures folder is stuck as the temp folder on PC: How do I change this from the windows 10 temp folder to something else.Eg. it is stuck in this folder and I cant move it to change the locationC:\Users\[id]\AppData\Local\Temp...
  5. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  6. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  7. why is windows saving game captures to the temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows saving game captures to the temp folder: see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-saving-game-captures-to-the-temp/3ba02f26-7913-446e-acc3-a53f22fb45a1
  8. Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game dvr capture folder moved to appdata: Hello i am having a very annoying issue where for some odd reason windows decided to end its relationship with the game dvr capture folder and is saving to this path "C:\Users\monst\AppData\Local\Temp" which renders the normal method of changing the folder unavailable. is...
  9. Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR saving captures to AppData\Local\Temp instead of Captures: My GameDVR is saving new clips and screenshots to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp, making it so i cant change location due to the absence of the Captures folder, is there a way to correct this like some value buried in RegEdit or something 111400
  10. Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Location of Game DVR Captures Folder in Windows 10 The Game bar is a Xbox app Game DVR feature that lets you record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use...