Windows 10: Game DVR issues

Discus and support Game DVR issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since the spring creators update, game DVR and game bar cause major lag while playing games. I used to be able to record on 60fps high quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShreyashPatel, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Game DVR issues

Ever since the spring creators update, game DVR and game bar cause major lag while playing games. I used to be able to record on 60fps high quality while running my game in 1280*768 and I used to get around 90 fps. Since the update I am no longer able to play with game DVR as it causes my frame rate to drop to 5 every 5 seconds. I am able to play and record with shadow play so that is not a problem. However, I also use the xbox app for game streaming and Game DVR ruins it. If any notification pops up or if I move my mouse at all, the whole stream lags and I am unable to play. I am able to play perfectly fine without game DVR on, but have no substitute app to record as shadow play doesn't work and neither does OBS. Is this problem related to my computer in anyway or has it become this bad for everyone. Just in case it matters, my computer has an i7-6700hq, 16gb ddr4 ram, and gtx 950m with 4gb vram.

:)

ShreyashPatel, Nov 30, 2018

2. Game DVR

Sometimes, a recording doesn't end correctly. When that happens, you'll need to restart Game DVR to fix the problem. Here are the steps:

• Close the game.
    • In the search box on the Windows taskbar, enter Task manager, and then select that desktop app.
    • In Task Manager, select More details.
    • In the list of running processes, select the Broadcast DVR server (bcastdvr.exe) process (if it's still there), and then select
      End task.
    • Restart the game and try recording again.

Catherine Cus., Nov 30, 2018
  3. Game DVR not working

Hi Yashaswini,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Game DVR. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below
    article Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...r-windows-10#8e09088ddd7545719a86dd7399a46d9f

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with Game DVR. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Game DVR issues

Game DVR

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause issues with using the Game DVR on Windows 10. It is possible that your graphics card drivers are not updated or the Xbox App is corrupted. To properly isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to record a game clip using the Game DVR?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to use the Game DVR?
    • Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers?

For more information and solutions on how to troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10, you may visit this

link

Loraine Mon, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Game DVR issues

1. Game DVR issues - Similar Threads - Game DVR issues

2. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: Nvidia Quadro 3000M support Game DVR for win10 xbox video record? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-dvr/7581a001-7c3d-40b5-b93b-b05ccd2ec615
  3. Xbox Game DVR Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game DVR Issue: With many new Windows 10 PC's you have the Xbox game DVR, a great built in Xbox party and recording studio. Recently I have been recording videos with me and my friend when we have run into an issue. The Game DVR automatically turns down the volume of Xbox voice calls as well...
  4. Game DVR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game DVR: hallo ich habe ein kleines Problem was ich nicht verstehen kann nämlich ich habe ein Laptop und ein pc aber Game DVR ging ganz normal auf Laptop aber auf pc sagt mir Game DVR mein Hardwareanforderungen kann nicht erfüllt werden was eigentlich ja Garnicht sein kann ich...
  5. game dvr broadcast

in Windows 10 Support
    game dvr broadcast: this pops up each boot, can't find where it is even with winpatrol telling me where it is, i have winpatrol stop it but it is getting annoying, seems to be a microsoft something, don't know why it has started, how can it be deleted or stopped, i am thinking i can let it start...
  6. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  7. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  8. GAME DVR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GAME DVR: what IS MOVIE FORMAT FOR GAME DVR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/game-dvr/58a87439-8d23-4c58-9a98-ed68fe690ef6
  9. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game DVR: When I try to record clips of my Rocket League Gameplay, they clips are just blank screens with audio. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/game-dvr/eee274d8-61e3-406c-ba19-58d2988dc70c
  10. Issues with Game DVR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Game DVR...: So I've been looking around for information on the Game DVR, and the only thing I've come across troubleshooting wise is Microsoft's own page, which has not helped me so far. So hopefully I can find some help here. I have two issues currently, one since my Windows 10 update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cs:go game dvr issues