Windows 10: Game DVR not recording only game audio.

Discus and support Game DVR not recording only game audio. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically as the title states, I'm trying to use the Game Bar to record in-game clips from GTA:V which I play in the windowed borderless mode, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dan6erbond, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Game DVR not recording only game audio.

Basically as the title states, I'm trying to use the Game Bar to record in-game clips from GTA:V which I play in the windowed borderless mode, but it still ends up recording other sounds (Discord among others) as well. Is this a bug or does it have something to do with GTA's windowed borderless modes that result in the game bar not detecting it as a game?

submitted by /u/Dan6erbond
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dan6erbond, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 Game DVR audio recording.

Hi Jastin,

The Audio Settings in the Game DVR can be changed so you can disable the Audio when recording game clips. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows + G on your keyboard.
    • Click the Settings icon and go to Audio tab.
    • Uncheck Record audio when I record game clips.

You also have an option if you want to enable or disable audio from your microphone. In the
    Audio settings, you can check or uncheck Record my microphone next time I record a game.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 30, 2020
  3. KC13 Win User
    Game DVR not recording game audio

Hi everyone,
    I've been looking for a fix for ages now, but all forum threads I found were talking about the Game DVR recording no audio at all, while I can hear my microphone, but nothing else *Wink I've tried changing the audio quality, restarting my pc and even recording different games, but there was no game audio to be heard anywhere. If you have any ideas how to fix this I'd be very grateful!

-KC

4. Game DVR not recording only game audio.

Game DVR Glitched recording

I have tried all your steps and these are the results

1. That link doesn't mention my problem troubleshooted. my recording didn't stop but it glitches.

2. My shortcut keys are working and it still records when in windowed mode and also in fullscreen mode.

3. I have previously visited task manager and closed and restarted the task but no use. Still glitched

4. Deleted temporary files and folders from settings but no use. Still glitched.

5. Have no need to change the shortcut keys. they all work fine in windowed and in fullscreen mode.

6. My graphics card drivers are updated and they worked fine previously, before the issue.

I will really appreciate if you send me more suggestions so that this complex issue may be resolved. Please dont forget my issue. Please Microsoft! I am sure we will get this issue to a close. I am sure you will!! Game DVR is my only affordable game-recording
    software and it was pretty great before too. PLEASE DONT LET ME DOWN.

---------Waiting for a suggestion-------

The sample of this video is at my YouTube channel by . Go check it out for more info about the issue and please send me a reply or i may become disappointed :'(

I TRUST YOU AND PLEASE DONT PROVE IT WRONG!

MagicalHoney944, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Game DVR not recording only game audio.

1. Game DVR not recording only game audio. - Similar Threads - Game DVR recording

2. Game DVR won't record own Discord audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR won't record own Discord audio: I'm having an issue with Game DVR where for some reason it records my game audio and other peoples' Dicscord audio fine, but for some reason refuses to record my own voice while using Discord. I've noticed that it does seem to record it when not on Discord but as I'm usually...
  3. Game DVR won't record own Discord audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR won't record own Discord audio: I'm having an issue with Game DVR where for some reason it records my game audio and other peoples' Dicscord audio fine, but for some reason refuses to record my own voice while using Discord. I've noticed that it does seem to record it when not on Discord but as I'm usually...
  4. Save Game DVR recording?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Game DVR recording?: Hello dear community! Windows 10 has a Game dvr function (Windows key + g). I have recorded something and want to save it on my Samsung phone. I tried to send it to a group using whatsapp and then open whatsapp on my phone and save the video. Unfortunately the file is mega...
  5. Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings: Today I recorded about 8 hours of video in about 30 clips with the native game mode. I have recorded previously with no issues, so was not checking each clip for proper playback. At the end of it all, I realized that there was no audio in any of today's captures. After some...
  6. Game DVR not recording videos only taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game DVR not recording videos only taking screenshots: Hello to all, I have Dell Inspiron 15R 7520SE, running Windows 10 May 1903 version, with switchable graphics of AMD Radeon HD7730M (Adrenaline 19.5.1 driver) and Intel HD 4000. Ever since May 1903 upgrade, Game DVR is not recording game videos, neither gamepad nor hotkeys...
  7. No video when recording games with Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video when recording games with Game DVR: Recently when playing games through Steam and using the Game DVR background recording function I have found that when recordings are commanded by default WIN+ALT+G they have no visual content, only audio. I have traced this back to the Windows service xbgm not running. When...
  8. Recording game DVR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording game DVR: I record my games using the game DVR but these clips don’t have a picture, only sound. Just a few games can be recorded with a picture such as Skyrim and KSP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-game-dvr/15bbdfdc-c75f-4e70-8f0d-e841f0018492
  9. Game DVR is not recording all of my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR is not recording all of my audio: So Game DVR has been my main source of recording moments during games for me. A couple of months ago it was working fine, recording all my audio [Game audio, Discord audio (my friend's voices) and my mic's audio]. Everything can be heard in the clips. As of recently, Game...
  10. Game DVR not recording game audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR not recording game audio: Hi everyone, I've been looking for a fix for ages now, but all forum threads I found were talking about the Game DVR recording no audio at all, while I can hear my microphone, but nothing else *Wink I've tried changing the audio quality, restarting my pc and even recording...