Windows 10: Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S

Discus and support Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello people I have two computers, an old laptop and a new desktop, both running windows 10. Battlestations Pacific is the game that i am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EvangelosT, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S

Hello people

I have two computers, an old laptop and a new desktop, both running windows 10.
    Battlestations Pacific is the game that i am trying to run on the new one.

On the old computer it runs perfectly fine since 2018 without any issues from the 'games for windows live'.
    On the new computer i tried numerous things including reinstalling, downloading different versions of GFWL etc and while i managed to get the game running, the in game UI doesn't appear and it gets stuck at that point.
    example of what i mean by ingame ui: https://i.imgur.com/EqBVmmw.jpg

Assuming that if it works on one, it should work on other, i also tried to manually copy: the whole game. the whole games for windows life folder, the xlive contents of system32 and sysWOW64 as well as the local user data.

my limited knowledge suggests that it is either an issue with a service not running, or some registry item or something.

Please help me!!!!!

Thank you very much for your time :

:)

EvangelosT, Apr 22, 2021

2. Regarding microsoft games for windows live, cannot connect

Hi Prince,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why your Windows Live Game is not working on your Windows 10 computer. For us to properly assist you with this concern, we need to verify the following:

• Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

In the meantime, we recommend that you check out the link below for troubleshooting steps that can help resolve this issue.

Troubleshoot Games for Windows Live connection problems

Wilfred Mac, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S

Games-Windows Live?

their are a few games that actually allows you to sync your xbox 360 gamertag with windows live game.
    Heres list of games that supports Xbox live gamertag(window live):
    Fallout 3
    Halo 2
    Gears of War
    Shadowrun
    Universe at War
    Juiced 2
    Kane&lynch
    Flatout: Ultimate change
    Football manager 2009
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition
    The Club
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Battlestations: Pacific
    Fuel
    Red Faction: Guerrilla
    Stormrise
    Street Fighter IV
    Warhammer 40k

Their is only 2 cross-platform game so far which is Shadowrun and Universe at war

kurosagi01, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S

1. Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S - Similar Threads - Game live working

2. Xbox live not working on Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox live not working on Games: So if I'm in the Xbox app it's fine, But in a game here is one: In Minecraft bedrock edition it gives me this: Error code Glowstone. And I have looked at almost everything to make it not say Error code Glowstone. And non of them worked : Same with other games I will put a...
  3. Game works on one windows account but not the other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game works on one windows account but not the other: As the title says, a game I have on origin will work not work on my main windows account, but if I switch to a guest it then starts working. Any ideas?...
  4. Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  5. Xbox One S controller not working in game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One S controller not working in game: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  6. Windows Search Does Not Expand on One Machine, but fine on the other.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Does Not Expand on One Machine, but fine on the other.: Hello. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas as to why one of my computers doesn't expand the search area. I've only seen this on this machine. All Windows 10 machines from work or at home never have showed this behavior. I still have all the functionality, I can right click...
  7. Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...: Hi, I have 3 computer 01, 010994 and 024166. Now, from 010994 I am able to successfully run `test-wsman 01` and it works but from 024166 it gives me following error test-wsman : <f:WSManFault xmlns:f="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wsmanfault" Code="2150858770"...
  8. OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other: I have OneDrive installed on both my desktop and laptop. Both are running Win 10. Whenever I restart the laptop (a Surface Pro), Onedrive starts with Windows. But when I restart the desktop, it does not. I have to pick it from the start menu and start it manually. What's...
  9. Games for Windows Live not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games for Windows Live not working.: Hi, I recently got a game called Resident Evil 5 to play with my friend. The game is associated with GFWL but it wont show up when i launch the game. And me and my friend are not able to play unless we invite each other through the GFWL tab and it wont opn even by pressing...
  10. Creators Update One machine can't see the other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creators Update One machine can't see the other: I have Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update (version 1703, build 15063.413) running on two computers (wired through ASUS router). I've setup a workgroup called WORKGROUP. If I turn on one computer (call it A) and then turn on computer B, computer A can view computer B's folders,...