Windows 10: Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

Discus and support Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having problem of my games (any games) getting fps drops after ~5 minutes (this is almost exactly 5 minutes) in the game while having my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pandalaut, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Pandalaut Win User

Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

Hi, I've been having problem of my games (any games) getting fps drops after ~5 minutes (this is almost exactly 5 minutes) in the game while having my PC connected to the internet. As far as I know there is nothing wrong about my PC hardware - no throttling etc (temp is always under 60C for both GPU and CPU, when having fps drop or not).

The fps drop happens in every games I play whenever I'm connected to the internet, no matter I'm actually playing multiplayer mode or just playing in single player with my pc connected to the internet. When I disable my internet connection, there is no fps drop whatsoever. The fps drops can be solved by alt-tabbing out the game and then back in. This problem is very annoying as I need to constantly alt-tab in and out of the game every 5 minutes to avoid fps drops.

I've tried reverting GPU drivers and uninstalling windows update to no avail. I've made sure the power settings in the NVidia control panel to be on Maximum Performance and Windows is using Ryzen Balanced settings.

Is there anything I should check? What info I should provide to help you give the answer? Is there any known solution to this problem?

Here's my pc spec:
    Windows 10 pro 1903 build 18362.295 (latest update installed: August 2019 cumulative updates)
    Ryzen 5 1600 (non-OC, 3.2GHz)
    Biostar B350GTN
    2x8Gb Corsair LPX DDR4 2666MHz
    Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512Gb NVME drive
    Asus GTX 1060 6Gb using driver ver 431.60

:)

Pandalaut, Aug 18, 2019

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Aug 18, 2019
  3. FPS drop in games

I saw also fps drops with some DX9 games at least since the anniversary update (I even did a fresh install but was the same), the only DX9 game that I play that had fps issues was 4Story (some had no changes, for example TERA, Final Fantasy XIII...), I usually
    had 20-30fps minimum and it runs at 1fps or even lower.

The only way I found to play it was to change the d3d9.dll with the version of it before the anniversary update. A friend also had fps drops in CS:GO with w10 anniversary, so I think the problem is with that file and it should be fixed... There are posts
    that talk about disabling Game DVR in the XBOX app, but since my computer does not meet the requirements I didn't test it.

Daniel_94PT, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

FPS drop on Windows 10

what is the model of your laptop. What graphic drivers do you have installed? Can you list a game or two where you measured the FPS drop?

Kevin C [MSFT], Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

1. Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet - Similar Threads - Game FPS drops

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  5. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  6. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  7. PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game

PC lags when a fps drop happens on a game: In my last post the fps drop did not count to the pc lagging really bad but now the pc lags and the fps drop happens a lot instead of it happening until some time while I played a game now it just happens really fast I really need help...
  8. Fps Drops When moving in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps Drops When moving in game: So ive been at this for about 12 hours now and cant seem to figure out what the heck is going on. Yesterday I decided to reinstall windows 10 on my MSI Trident 3 10SI-002US. I figured a clean install to remove all the extras that come with the system wasn't a bad idea but I...
  9. FPS drops in all games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drops in all games: Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming. When FPS drops, voltage also drops significantly from cca. 23 to cca. 13 or even 6. CPU clock drops, GPU clock drops only sometimes resulting in even...
  10. Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet

in Windows 10 Support
    Game FPS drops when PC is connected to Internet: Hi, I've been having problem of my games (any games) getting fps drops after ~5 minutes (this is almost exactly 5 minutes) in the game while having my PC connected to the internet. As far as I know there is nothing wrong about my PC hardware - no throttling etc (temp is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i play my gaming pc for 10mins and fps drops