Windows 10: Game freezes and crashes on PC version

Discus and support Game freezes and crashes on PC version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I posted it on Gears forums: https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/game-freezes-and-crashes-on-pc-version/26872 I'm playing this game on Xbox One and PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by soldiermxdeath, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Game freezes and crashes on PC version

I posted it on Gears forums:

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/game-freezes-and-crashes-on-pc-version/26872

I'm playing this game on Xbox One and PC, but on PC it freezes and crashes. I uninstalled the previous GPU driver with DDU, installed the most recent version, 436.30, I updated the game with the update yesterday and It crashed 10 minutes ago while playing horde, I thought It was solved but no.

Video 1, It crashes at the end of this video. The update didn't come yet.

https://youtu.be/iBXE206c5JM

Video 2 while I was on main menu.
    https://youtu.be/sPcpQ_JnLCE

I repeat, when I update the game yesterday I thought It was solved, but today when I was playing horde It crashes and send me to desktop.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8 GHz

Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM006 2TB

RAM: G.Skill Flare x 3200 MHz CL14

Motherboard: Asus TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC 2X rev. 1.0

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 80 Plus Gold 220-G3-0650-Y1

Fan Case: 2x COUGAR CF-D12HB R 1200 RPM, 2x Corsair ML pro 120 mm

- CPU and GPU temps are fine, never above 60 ° C while playing.

- I didn't install Ultra HD textures.

- Game on HDD or SSD doesn't make difference.

- Windows, Drivers and BIOS up to date.

- Played with stock/OC settings. GPU stock settings too.

- Rolled back to previous Nvidia driver which has the same issues.

- Disabled flow control guard on Windows defender.

- Vsync on/off

Other games I own don't crash randomly like DOOM 2016 or GTA V, only Gears of War 4 and now this.

:)

soldiermxdeath, Sep 14, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 25, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Game freezes and crashes on PC version

Game freezes and crashes on PC version

I posted it on Gears forums:

I'm playing this game on Xbox One and PC, but on PC it freezes and crashes. I uninstalled the previous GPU driver with DDU, installed the most recent version, 436.30, I updated the game with the update yesterday and It crashed 10 minutes ago while playing
    horde, I thought It was solved but no.

Video 1, It crashes at the end of this video. The update didn't come yet.

Video 2 while I was on main menu.

I repeat, when I update the game yesterday I thought It was solved, but today when I was playing horde It crashes and send me to desktop.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8 GHz

Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

SSD: ADATA Ultimate SU650 120 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM006 2TB

RAM: G.Skill Flare x 3200 MHz CL14

Motherboard: Asus TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Windforce OC 2X rev. 1.0

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 80 Plus Gold 220-G3-0650-Y1

Fan Case: 2x COUGAR CF-D12HB R 1200 RPM, 2x Corsair ML pro 120 mm

- CPU and GPU temps are fine, never above 60 ° C while playing.

- I didn't install Ultra HD textures.

- Game on HDD or SSD doesn't make difference.

- Windows, Drivers and BIOS up to date.

- Played with stock/OC settings. GPU stock settings too.

- Rolled back to previous Nvidia driver which has the same issues.

- Disabled flow control guard on Windows defender.

- Vsync on/off

Other games I own don't crash randomly like DOOM 2016 or GTA V, only Gears of War 4 and now this.

soldiermxdeath, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Game freezes and crashes on PC version - Similar Threads - Game freezes crashes

2. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: so i can play valorant no problem game never crashes no audio cut outs or anything, but any other game maybe because they are more gpu intensive like fortnite, apex cod etc they all eventually cut out with audio freeze and crash. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software...
  3. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: so i can play valorant no problem game never crashes no audio cut outs or anything, but any other game maybe because they are more gpu intensive like fortnite, apex cod etc they all eventually cut out with audio freeze and crash. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software...
  4. Game crashes and PC Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes and PC Freezes: I've been getting some crashes where my game freezes and shuts down, right after that the screen goes all weird, pratically all black with a few things still visible and I have to restart the PC.Here is the logThe description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be...
  5. Game crashes and PC Freezes

Game crashes and PC Freezes: I've been getting some crashes where my game freezes and shuts down, right after that the screen goes all weird, pratically all black with a few things still visible and I have to restart the PC.Here is the logThe description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be...
  6. PC freezes/crashes after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes/crashes after closing a game: This has only happened a handful of times. I was having more pressing issues like constant BSODs, game crashes, game freezing and usually I would have to restart manually with the power button. Nearly all my issues have been resolved after I set my cpu and gpu back to stock...
  7. PC freezes/crashes after closing a game

PC freezes/crashes after closing a game: This has only happened a handful of times. I was having more pressing issues like constant BSODs, game crashes, game freezing and usually I would have to restart manually with the power button. Nearly all my issues have been resolved after I set my cpu and gpu back to stock...
  8. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: i have been mining for a few days i have no voltage oc it was working fine before today when i came back to my pc it restarted on its own now demanding games aernt loding or when i go into the game it stutters the audio stutters and it crashes sometimes it restarts and...
  9. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing and crashing during games: Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran...
  10. PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.: Hello,I posted on another well-known hardware site a couple of months ago, but nobody has been able to assist, so I hope someone here may know better - it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.I built myself a new PC back in May with a fresh Windows 10 installation, but I...