Windows 10: Game freezes then mouse click stop working

Discus and support Game freezes then mouse click stop working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It started to happen a couple of days ago: 1. I'm playing a game using a controller and a headphone, both connected via Bluetooth. 2. The game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikhail Ramalho, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Game freezes then mouse click stop working

It started to happen a couple of days ago:

1. I'm playing a game using a controller and a headphone, both connected via Bluetooth.

2. The game randomly freezes but comes back. While frozen, the controller loses connection but not the headphone.

3. It eventually freezes for good and when I alt-tab out of the game, the mouse has a blue glow around it (I guess it should be because of the game).

4. The mouse movement seems to work fine, but I can't click on anything. Only the keyboard works.

5. Windows takes a long time to reboot but works fine after for a while.

~

I've tried with two different games: Mass effect Andromeda and Final Fantasy XV, so I don't think it's specific to the game.

Just removed both drivers using DDU, and installed old versions of both Intel and NVIDIA drivers.

Is there any way to track what's happening? Event viewer doesn't show anything that seems relevant.

:)

Mikhail Ramalho, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Loraine Mon, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Game freezes then mouse click stop working

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Game freezes then mouse click stop working

1. Game freezes then mouse click stop working - Similar Threads - Game freezes mouse

2. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  3. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  4. Mouse click randomly stops working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click randomly stops working in windows 11: I have an issue, its on my Dell precision 3561, windows 11.The click function stops working randomly but in a weird way... Im still able to click on text boxes in teams for example but I cannot click to change applications, close a window, click and drag etc. The fix to get...
  5. Mouse click randomly stops working in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click randomly stops working in windows 11: I have an issue, its on my Dell precision 3561, windows 11.The click function stops working randomly but in a weird way... Im still able to click on text boxes in teams for example but I cannot click to change applications, close a window, click and drag etc. The fix to get...
  6. My mouse left click doesn't work in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse left click doesn't work in games: My mouse left click doesn't work in games, no matter how dmhard I press it, only way to make it work is by pressing control keycrouching or standing still and not touching anything anything else even that works after 2-3seconds of not moving or touching any other key, at...
  7. mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse keeps freezing then stops working all together: my mouse keeps freezing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and rebooting my computer, but it's still got the same problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-keeps-freezing-then-stops-working-all/9e315d8b-f302-404c-a1cc-1b2e6bed3233
  8. Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working: It first happened half an year ago... my Cougar Revenger mouse stopped working properly: everything was fine except the left button and the wheel. From time to time it would suddenly work again, but after a moment those two parts stopped responding. After two weeks without...
  9. Arc Bluetooth Mouse Right Click Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arc Bluetooth Mouse Right Click Stopped Working: I have had a Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse installed on my laptop. Recently the Right Click functionality STOPPED WORKING. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse. Updated Drivers Updated Winsows Purchased a new Arc Touch Mouse SAME issue. The Right Click...
  10. Mouse Click freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse Click freeze: I don't know if I can make this question here, because is about windows 8.1 But, the problem is Sometimes when I click with the right mouse button in any part of the screen, everything freeze for 1 sec and then back to "normal". Could this happening because of the Video...