Windows 10: Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to...

Discus and support Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a game from MS Store. It's called Age of Empires. I'd been playing this game for about two weeks now when the icon suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsaacOnyeleonu, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to...

I recently downloaded a game from MS Store. It's called Age of Empires. I'd been playing this game for about two weeks now when the icon suddenly became a blank sheet on desktop, and wouldn't work. At first I was asked to reinstall it from Store but that simply won't work, now it simply gives no response when clicked.Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to... [​IMG]

I tried uninstalling it but I can't find it in my list of programs, it's simply gone. Then I tried reinstalling from Store but it just tells me download complete and nothing else. Please help. Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to... c3ddf61f-0c69-4643-8e0c-b31f5b120252?upload=true.png

:)

IsaacOnyeleonu, Apr 26, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 26, 2020
  3. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 26, 2020
  4. JimSexton Win User

Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to...

the only remaining "send to" option remaining following MS update is Bluetooth Device"

Thank you again Abdul Malik. I performed Step 1. I then tried Step 2 and was told "access denied".

JimSexton, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to...

1. Game from ms store wont play. The shortcut remains on desktop but there isn't any option to... - Similar Threads - Game store wont

2. games wont play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games wont play: games wont play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-wont-play/70551e46-b6ed-49a8-bfa2-d59345b4aef8
  3. games wont play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games wont play: games wont play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-wont-play/70551e46-b6ed-49a8-bfa2-d59345b4aef8
  4. ms play store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms play store: I unstalled msfs 2020, went into play store to reinstall it, it shows the I "own" msfs2020 prem deluxe, but I cannot reinstall it, it doesn't give me the option..?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-play-store/8b3c5dcd-91a7-4194-ad8a-270b1c704718
  5. ms play store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms play store: I unstalled msfs 2020, went into play store to reinstall it, it shows the I "own" msfs2020 prem deluxe, but I cannot reinstall it, it doesn't give me the option..?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-play-store/8b3c5dcd-91a7-4194-ad8a-270b1c704718
  6. MS Store can't uninstall/play game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Store can't uninstall/play game: [ATTACH] Hi! I downloaded Sea of Thieves and i played it a lot, i had a new problem, i couldn't downloaded anything, then i deleted the Registry for D:\WindowsApps, while the SoT was installed, now the MS Store thinks, that the Game is installed, but its not reserved any...
  7. MS Store isn't opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store isn't opening: When I enter the app it doesn't load, only has the ms store symbol forever. Don't know what to do anymore, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-isnt-opening/e7df5dcf-40d4-416e-9c71-152ab8d6e79c
  8. No man's sky saves or any game from ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No man's sky saves or any game from ms store: hi I'm currently playing No man's sky with the Xbox game pass. I've played before on ps4 and i would like to skip a couple things and use a save editor, but here's: where are my saves? Ive looked almost everywhere and looked up on the internet but to no avail. From what...
  9. UNable to play any games from the store in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNable to play any games from the store in windows 10: Unable to play games from store in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-any-games-from-the-store-in-windows/cd09cc57-2c5e-4232-938a-db511ab8d011
  10. Microsoft store wont download any games. Any. Any at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store wont download any games. Any. Any at all: I purchased both the Xbox games pass, and the Game Pass for PC I downloaded the Xbox Beta App for pc, and tried to download a number of games. Every single one came up with the error coded 0x80d030020 after a few seconds of "Starting Download". I tried to download the same...