Windows 10: Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck

Discus and support Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a recurring problem that is, sometimes when I'm playing, for example Minecraft, GTA SA or Forza, my game hangs for a few seconds and when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bernardo3080, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck

I have a recurring problem that is, sometimes when I'm playing, for example Minecraft, GTA SA or Forza, my game hangs for a few seconds and when it returns to normal, the key I was pressing is stuck for a few seconds, or the game is frozen for a few seconds. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

submitted by /u/Bernardo3080
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bernardo3080, Apr 11, 2020

2. E key gets stuck in games (Windows)

I should note that E is the physical key on the keyboard; I use Dvorak so the character the key enters is actually ".". I also use ESDF instead of WSAD, so E is my forwards-key (like W in WSAD). I'm on a laptop so there's no issues with a USB keyboard.

In games like Minecraft and SMITE, it gets stuck sometimes. I continue running forward for maybe three to four seconds, then stop. Sometimes it also doesn't work anymore and I can't go forward for a few seconds. When I open chat in Minecraft, I can't write anything with that key.

It only seems to happen if I hold the key down for a long time (which only happens when I'm gaming, basically). I never had the issue during normal typing and it doesn't happen with other keys it seems.

I have disabled Sticky Keys and I've tried messing with the Filter keys and general keyboard settings to minimize the key repeat rate. It seems to help a little bit (it continues to get "stuck" but not for as long as before) but I still have the issue.

Other people seem to have had similar problems but didn't find a solution.

user511405, Apr 11, 2020
  3. shaneo3 Win User
    Keyboard keys get stuck only in games

Whenever I play games that involve using the keyboard, my keys get stuck in one direction and i have to press the key again to stop the character from moving that direction. I just got this laptop a few days ago and Im really not sure what's going on.

shaneo3, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck

Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck

1. Game getting frozen and keys getting stuck - Similar Threads - Game getting frozen

2. Keys randomly get stuck while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys randomly get stuck while gaming.: I recently bought an MSI katana gaming laptop and during gaming the key i'm holding would randomly stay stuck for a few seconds.Like i would be gaming overwatch and sometimes i let go of the walk forward key but keep walking forward for a few seconds, and other keys don't...
  3. Keys randomly get stuck while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys randomly get stuck while gaming.: I recently bought an MSI katana gaming laptop and during gaming the key i'm holding would randomly stay stuck for a few seconds.Like i would be gaming overwatch and sometimes i let go of the walk forward key but keep walking forward for a few seconds, and other keys don't...
  4. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?: After my HDD slowed down and stopped working as fast, I took the time to buy an SSD. Why not, right?Well, after some time, my PC would freeze after awhile of being idle.I decided to completely wipe the SSD and using my laptop and the Windows Media Creation Tool, I tried...
  5. How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix a frozen PC that's stuck on Getting Windows Ready?: After my HDD slowed down and stopped working as fast, I took the time to buy an SSD. Why not, right?Well, after some time, my PC would freeze after awhile of being idle.I decided to completely wipe the SSD and using my laptop and the Windows Media Creation Tool, I tried...
  6. Laptop keys get stuck only in video games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keys get stuck only in video games: Hello there,So I have an issue with my laptop, no USB keyboard or anything. just the default one.So my issue is that when only SPECIFICALLY playing video games, any one, fullscreen or not, when I press any WASD key, 20% of the time it just keeps getting pressed, even though I...
  7. Keys getting stuck.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keys getting stuck.: Hi everyone. I recently updated my windows 10 this morning after putting it off for awhile. When I got home it said that my PC needed repaired. I am trying to go to a restore point but when I try to type my password in, the key acts like it's being held down when it's not....
  8. Windows Defender Scan gets "stuck" but not frozen..?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scan gets "stuck" but not frozen..?: tried googling this a bunch, but nothing i've found has resolved the issue and i'm not sure what to do. hopefully its one of those things that someone here will just go "oh that, here do xyz" and it is sorted, but i don't know. [img] so basically a quick or full scan...
  9. Keyboard keys getting stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys getting stuck: Hi, i need help with my keyboard on my laptop, the keys are getting stuck only when i am gaming, i don’t think its a hardware issue as when i took the key off and pressed down with only my bare finger on to the input panel even then the W key would think its still being used...
  10. Keys Getting Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys Getting Stuck: I'm using a desktop computer with a USB Gaming Keyboard. The WASD keys and Spacebar occasionally get stuck (command-wise) when I play games. There is something wrong with the computer, not the keyboard because it happened to another USB keyboard that i plugged in. The power...