Windows 10: game had to reinstall due to an error

Discus and support game had to reinstall due to an error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was playing Forza horizon 4 for a bit this morning then I went and took a break. Once I tried to start the game back up it said the saved files had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by logananderson2, Feb 23, 2019.

1. game had to reinstall due to an error

I was playing Forza horizon 4 for a bit this morning then I went and took a break. Once I tried to start the game back up it said the saved files had been moved or deleted, so then I went back toy the Microsoft store and went to the game, once I was there it said I had to reinstall the game due to an error so I clicked it and now it is reinstalling but I want to know will all my progress still be saved when the game reinstalls ???

:)

logananderson2, Feb 23, 2019

2. 0xc000007b error of games

Hi Giuliano,

The error that you received usually appear when you're trying to run a 32-bit application or program on a 64-bit operating system. This may also appear when you're not running the application as administrator or there could be other software with virus infection
    or corrupted files that are causing this issue.

For us to isolate and address this problem, we would like to know the following:

• Were you able to open those games before?
    • If yes, were there any changes made or updates installed before you start receiving this error?
    • What were the changes made or updates installed?

Noting the troubleshooting steps that you've already tried, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling one of the games in which the error appears and see if you still encounter the same error after the reinstallation.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 23, 2019
  3. I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, Feb 23, 2019
  4. game had to reinstall due to an error

Games

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have caused due to corrupted game.

Lets try with some steps and check if the issue resolves.

Step 1: I would suggest you to Run a
    Windows app troubleshooter and check.

Refer:
    App troubleshooter

Step 2: I would suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Game
    and check if it helps.

Refer: How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Hope this information helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

game had to reinstall due to an error

1. game had to reinstall due to an error - Similar Threads - game reinstall due

2. Persistent game crashes due to dcom error 10016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent game crashes due to dcom error 10016: Hi all, Ive been running into persistent game crashes on my new PC. Ive tried following tutorials to change dcom permissions etc, ive used DDU to wipe and reinstall graphics drivers. Ive even turned off dcom in the settings. I keep thinking the problem might be fixed but then...
  3. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install specific game due to OS errors: So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this happens ONLY when downloading this specific game. I've contacted Epic Games Support but they couldn't fix the issue and told me to...
  4. Had to reinstall windows now I can't sign in due to account needing to be verified. Wants...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Had to reinstall windows now I can't sign in due to account needing to be verified. Wants...: Hello,I recently reinstalled my home laptop, after all the updates I can't use my pin to log into windows. They want to send a verification code by text to my Lan line that has no text capabilities. Now I can't sign into my laptop. I tried adding my @gmail email address as...
  5. Minecraft cannot be reinstalled due to the error code 0x803FB005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft cannot be reinstalled due to the error code 0x803FB005: Since a couple of days I'm not able to reinstall my previously purchased and working Minecraft. I have done a lot of hint found on the internet without success. My computer is a Lenovo X220 with 8GB RAM OS: Win 10, version 20H2, build:19042.630 Try to install, the Store...
  6. I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10: I had a HW issue and had to reinstall Win10. How can I re-install MSFS 2020? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-hw-issue-and-had-to-reinstall-win10/d06287ef-e38c-46fa-b02a-5955120e49d9
  7. I had to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had to reinstall windows: How do I reinstall the built in HP apps? I'm really scared that I won't be able to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-windows/0b9cde2f-a34a-40a1-8599-0d58c99f8bd3
  8. Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error: Hi, I'm currently in the middle of having to reinstall Windows 10 due to, very likely, a corrupted Windows Update and system files. I have made a Recovery Boot Disk using the program AOMEI but have a bit of a problem. AT some point, I believe my System and Boot partitions got...
  9. Had to reinstall Windows due to bad hard disk, how to get Pro again?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had to reinstall Windows due to bad hard disk, how to get Pro again?: Hello. Just recently I had to give my laptop for repair due to faulty hard disk and when it came back, it had Home edition. Tried to use my Pro upgrade key (bought from retail) from a year ago again but it says "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key...
  10. PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC-Game can not start due to error 0x0000604: Hi there, I have a issue with the game hearts of iron 4. When launching the game it shows the error code 0x0000604. Here a screenshoot: [ATTACH] There are two different ways to launch the game. One is over its starting launcher, where the game just tells there is an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant reinstall game from microsoft store after computer crash