Windows 10: Game has gone.

Discus and support Game has gone. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello Hive Mind. My children have turned on the laptop to play Minecraft and it will not load. I went onto my microsoft account to find that the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LordMightyTrousers, May 28, 2019.

1. Game has gone.

Hello Hive Mind.

My children have turned on the laptop to play Minecraft and it will not load.

I went onto my microsoft account to find that the game is not there and I need to buy it again.

Can anyone help me get hold of microsoft so I can wave my receipt under their nose and ask them what they think they're doing?

Thank you.

Lord JHMightyTrousers.

:)

LordMightyTrousers, May 28, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 28, 2019
  3. Captures folder gone and I can't record games

Hi zLC Knowz,

Saving a file restriction is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to record games and save files. For me to properly assist you, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you having this concern when saving any kinds of files?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try to perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step1 : Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store

Click here

Step 2: Delete temporary files.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

For additional troubleshooting steps, you may follow the steps provided on the link below

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, May 28, 2019
  4. Game has gone.

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Game has gone.

1. Game has gone. - Similar Threads - Game has gone

2. The display has gone all funky

in Windows 10 Customization
    The display has gone all funky: I downloaded sims 2 and when i played it the screen got smaller so that theres 2 big black spaces on either side and eveything is just smaller. The problem is that when i exit the game the screen stays the same size. ive tried restarting it twice and it hasnt helped and i...
  3. Windows Defender has Gone Power Mad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender has Gone Power Mad: It is getting to the point where I have had to exclude one of my main download directories, which kind of defeats the purpose of having anti-virus (don't worry I only did this temporarily until I found a better solution, granted not a lot better but a bit better as I will...
  4. The audio has gone numb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The audio has gone numb: am not able to listen to music nor anything even while browsing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-audio-has-gone-numb/b858acfe-a4db-4b5d-adee-00204b184c65
  5. OneDrive has gone from Taskbar

OneDrive has gone from Taskbar: Split from this thread. Tried everything through to the last one, but got a message saying something like "newer version installed - uninstall first". I think this happened last time I tried using your methods too... Eventually found the solution somewhere else. But it's...
  6. Where has my sound gone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where has my sound gone?: Halfway through watching something on YouTube yesterday an update icon came on the screen - by mistake I clicked for it to update and ever since then I haven't had any sound. I've followed all the trouble shooting options - including uninstalling - and still nothing....
  7. My desktop has gone haywire!!!!!!!

My desktop has gone haywire!!!!!!!: I just finally updated to Windows 10 Insider Preview 17758.1 (rs5_release), but now, half of my taskbar pinned icons are missing, plus everything on my desktop is labeled with a white piece of paper, except for recycle bin. Anybody please help me? It's an Acer Aspire...
  8. Game mode gone from game bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game mode gone from game bar?: I tried to turn my game (boost) mode on windows 10 and realised that the icon is gone.Did microsoft disabled this feature in recent updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/game-mode-gone-from-game-bar/343e8305-8360-4494-b76b-9b7a3589ecd2
  9. Sleep shortcut has gone wacky

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep shortcut has gone wacky: Hi, I followed the thread started in Mar. 2016 to set up a shortcut to put our computers to sleep. After turning off Hibernation (powercfg -h off, from a cmd prompt ran as administrator) I set this shortcut "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState...
  10. My clock has gone?!

in Windows 10 Support
    My clock has gone?!: I'm running build 1607 of windows 10 pro x64 and for the last week or so, my clock has stopped working. Use to be when I clicked the clock in the task-bar, a little calendar would pop up with the date and time... now nothing shows. What could have happened? how can i...