Windows 10: Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

Discus and support Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MohammadYasir1, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a video showing what i mean:https://youtu.be/yytPsaNnHdo

:)

MohammadYasir1, Sep 23, 2022
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Konky Win User
    Pre 3 Beta 16 - hotkey

Sicce beta 16 i got hotkey problems (they are ignored regulary)
    When i click on properties and "update" to set the hotkey again, then atitool says that "komma" on the right keyboard element is pressed (komma auf zehnertastertur)

The whole problem can be solved by hitting komma a few times, and together with that i set the strg+F10 hotkey fresh again. then it works.

I can just say that komma was not pressed, and the keyboard is also fine. the bug is in software

Konky, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

Microsoft designer hotkeys not working after sleep

I have the same problem, and been present until the last three monthly updates. The keyboard has been working well before and after this updates the keyboard stop working when i press the hotkeys and is unresponsive for 15 keystrokes, after this 15 keystrokes
    the keyboard come to work again until you press hotkeys again. Mi keyboard was replaced and the new keyboard have the same issue. I try with another Windows 10 PCs and is the same issue. I try too with the drivers of manufacturer, the drivers directly of Intel
    and with the drivers installed for Windows 10 Device Manager.

When the keyboard was paired with the pc the keyboard works well and the hotkeys works fine, after some time or after a reboot the hotkeys stop working and stay in this state until the keyboard was removed and paired again.

In advance I tried with:
    Another PCs (3)

A variety of drivers

Another Designer Bluetooth Keyboard
    Talking with Microsoft Support

Cesar Armando, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

1. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys. - Similar Threads - Game hotkeys working

2. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  3. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  4. Touch keyboard hotkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch keyboard hotkey: Hi! How can i open this touch keyboard by shortcut? not that osk keyboard.i know about win+ctrl+o but i need keyboard from 1st pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-hotkey/cb30e874-2bc8-418e-a471-727d8c7629ab
  5. Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Backlight not working with Hotkey: HI, I have a asus vivobook flip 14. I had keyboard hotkeysF1 TO F12 working. Due to a issue, i did a clean install of windows 10.After that i l cannot turn on keyboard backlight using the f7 key. I have my asus app and asus control interface v3. All other hotkeys are working....
  6. Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hotkeys being used instead of regular letters: Hi everyone, I've been having this problem quite often on my Windows 10, and it happens only when I am using Anydesk to control another computer. If I use a shortcut such as Win + Down, the Anydesk computer and my own start to only respond to hotkeys and I don't know what to...
  7. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys: I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more about file paths. I'm using a Logitech K350 keyboard, and I'm trying to get a hotkey to open the Windows 10 Spotify app. Under...
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Shortcuts/Hotkeys aren't working!: Hi, I recently just got a refurbished laptop from an auction. The keyboard shortcuts (ex: ctrl + c) don't work, anything I've read online is not working. It's a windows 10, but some of the settings and layout is a bit different. I don't know much, as I just got it today. Can...
  9. Hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...
  10. keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard hotkeys with ctrl partially working: Hello Just installed win 10 I have 4 input languages: English, Hebrew, French France, French Canadian multi I can rotate the input with shift leftAlt and have access to these languages in sequence But when I assigned ctrl hot keys (0,1,2,3 in the above language order) to...