Windows 10: Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

Discus and support Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello can anyone help me? video: https://youtu.be/qC12lJ2GwBY it seems that the camera its not geting it but with the eye is very bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Glyph08, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Glyph08 Win User

Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen

hello can anyone help me?

video: https://youtu.be/qC12lJ2GwBY

it seems that the camera its not geting it but with the eye is very bad

:)

Glyph08, Jan 3, 2019
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

"If the game is in windowed mode, it reaches 144 fps, but in fullscreen it can't get over 60 fps.
    ...monitor so my main one is a 144Hz and the second a 60Hz,"

- Are you trying to match the games frame rates with the monitors 144Hz refresh rate, or are the fps just coincidental ?

What graphics processor does you machine use ?

- The game engine, and hardware can have some affect whether a game runs faster in Windowed or Fullscreen mode,

but mainly, if you run a game that puts a full load on the system it is likely to run faster in Windows mode.

I don't have the other games, but depending on the resolution and if you have the eye candy dialled up,
    Steep @60fps in

Fullscreen mode is a pretty good result.

- If you are trying to match the refresh rate, to do so you would need to use V-sync with any game that goes much over 144fps.

- Running Steep in Fullscreen mode
    @2480x1440 resolution with the eye candy all turned up, and V-sync off, my machine will

run the game at just around 40fps while going on a long fast, somewhat straight run.

At this resolution the games options menu shows my Nvidia GTX980 4GB VRAM use is 30+MB over it's 4GB limit, so

in this case the VRAM limit is reducing frame rates a bit while in Fullscreen mode with the settings I'm using.

- @1928x1080 I see frame rates in the
    upper 80's peaking on 90 in Fullscreen mode.

- Note that In
    Windowed mode @2480x1440 the frame rates on the same run are in the 80+ range.

However, @1920x1080 Windowed mode runs in the same range as it does at 1440p.

BossDweeb, Jan 3, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Most Fullscreen Games Capped at 60 FPS

Hmm. Low gpu use then. In Steep I'm getting 100% gpu use. Both Windowed and Fullscreen, as we should.

Why this would happen to you in certain games I don't know. Is the gpu voltage and clock speed kicking into high gear

when you run these games ?

- Have you tried the Nvidia forums ?

- I had a few more runs and see I mixed up my 1080p Windowed mode frame rates with the Fullscreen before.

I am getting 80>90 @1920x1080 Windowed, and upper 50's Fullscreen average. The VRAM use dropped to 3540MB

Judging by your Windowed fps being roughly double mine you should also be able to double my Fullscreen frame rates, at least.

- I didn't try it again today but only saw but a couple frames difference between Borderless and Fullscreen mode last time.

- I do have one problem with Steep that I wouldn't if I could play off line. The game runs smoothly at the relatively low frame rate solo,

but I get terrible lag when a group drop in on a run I'm doing. I wasn't monitoring so don't know if it's an fps drop or a server side lag.

BossDweeb, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Scirloc Win User

Windows 10 1709 (16299.309) has somehow disabled 'Fullscreen' in games.

I recently updated to 1709 and have found that games no longer have access to fullscreen mode.

Most games force me directly to Windowed mode, and no longer list Fullscreen in the enum. Some games still allow windowed fullscreen. Games that list the standard Fullscreen typically crash or post an error when I swap to that mode.

The only thing that has changed on my system is my OS version, and I've been using an otherwise identical setup for gaming for years.

Since updating windows, I updated my video drivers, which resolved nothing. Sadly I just passed my 1 week window to undo the windows 'upgrade'.

Scirloc, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Game image skiping frames while in fullscreen - Similar Threads - Game image skiping

2. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  3. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flickering while playing game on fullscreen: hello, I got this flickering issue when I play full screen in every game, I use intel hd 4600 and I look at my display refresh rate it's say 59,790 hz and on intel hd display it say 60 hz...
  4. flickering while playing game on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse is skiping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse is skiping: my mouse is skiping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-is-skiping/7d071f4e-24f5-4cb6-9e0e-118b0e01e78c
  6. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  7. Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thrown out of games while in fullscreen mode: Hello!I am using a laptop that has windows 10 installed and for a while, I noticed I am thrown out of any game that is in fullscreen. Simply browsing or watching movies in fullscreen is fine though.The issue behaves like this: I am gaming and suddenly my game shows a black...
  8. Frames drops while gaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frames drops while gaming on Windows 10: Hi, since the last update I made (windows 10, version 1903, 6/12/2019) while I'm playing I started dropping frames in almost any game. What to do? How can I solve this? I have this build: Specifications: Motherboard: Maximus Hero XI CPU: i9-9900k GPU: RTX 2080 TI STRIX...
  9. Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games in fullscreen mode stutter and image is tearing: I have a problem with my Windows 10 1809.Whenever I decide to launch a game in fullscreen mode it has an awful stuttering and image tearing to it.Problem can be solved by turning vsync on or by switching off fullscreen optimization in properties of exe file of the game.The...
  10. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...