Windows 10: Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store

Discus and support Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with a game "State of Decay 2" i installed the game a week ago and it was working just fine and today i tried to run it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hef Dona, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Hef Dona Win User

Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store

Hello

I have a problem with a game "State of Decay 2" i installed the game a week ago and it was working just fine and today i tried to run it and there was an error that app needed to be reinstalled in microsoft store. Then i opened windows store and clicked on install but nothing happend. Then i saw that when i try to look for the game in search it is not existing anymore and is not existing in programs either. So i loked into files and saw an "windowsmodifableapps" folder and there were my files of "State of Decay 2" all the 18GB. But i dont have acces to this files and windows isint giving my acces so i cant open this files move them or even delete. So its just wasting room on my disc and i dont know what i can do with this.

Can you help?

:)

Hef Dona, Jun 2, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 2, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store

How to uninstall game from Store when it doesn't even think it's installed

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

Please share few details to narrow down the issue:

• Where did you search for the uninstall button?

• What is the exact error message that you get?

As there is no option to uninstall a game from the Store, I would suggest you to go to the “downloads”
    folder and delete all the game related files. Now check for the issue.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store

1. Game in "windowsmodifableapps" folder cant be deleted uninstalled or found by microsoft store - Similar Threads - Game windowsmodifableapps folder

2. How to uninstall an app that cant be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall an app that cant be found: When i was running windows upgrade this message a message was displayed to remove an app. I searched everywhere and i cant find that app. Please let me know if there any way to uninstall that app....
  3. How to uninstall an app that cant be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall an app that cant be found: When i was running windows upgrade this message a message was displayed to remove an app. I searched everywhere and i cant find that app. Please let me know if there any way to uninstall that app....
  4. How to uninstall an app that cant be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  6. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  7. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Game Randomly Uninstalled: Hi all, So my partner and I just went to play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition multiplayer, which we haven't done for about a month. My partner owns the game purchased previously, NOT on the Game Pass For PC on the hard drive on her laptop NOT external. Never had a...
  9. Microsoft store delete all games and delete access to the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store delete all games and delete access to the store: I do not wish to have any games installed from the store. In fact, I don't want the store listed on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-delete-all-games-and-delete-access/33b8d46b-ae29-4104-87d8-c14d3125020e
  10. Cant delete microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant delete microsoft Store apps: Hello, I have downloaded a lot of apps from the microsoft store a long time ago, and decided to delete them as I no longer have interest in using/playing them. However when I try to remove them Windowsgives me a pop up saying they failed to uninstall the app giving me the...