Windows 10: game installation

Discus and support game installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why am I unable to download a game from the Microsoft store? The "Get" button is blue, but when I click on it, nothing happens. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DebbieZuckerman0218, May 18, 2019.

1. game installation

Why am I unable to download a game from the Microsoft store? The "Get" button is blue, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Please help.

:)

DebbieZuckerman0218, May 18, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 18, 2019
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 18, 2019
  4. niko084 Win User

game installation

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 18, 2019
Thema:

game installation

1. game installation - Similar Threads - game installation

2. I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened": The game Like a Dragon : Ishin was working fine for me yesterday, but the next day attempting to open the game the app told me the file path for the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" didnt exist on my C: drive in the WindowsApps folder. I then uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall...
  3. I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened": The game Like a Dragon : Ishin was working fine for me yesterday, but the next day attempting to open the game the app told me the file path for the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" didnt exist on my C: drive in the WindowsApps folder. I then uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall...
  4. Game not installing on Windows XP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not installing on Windows XP?: I tried installing Barbie Diaries: High School Mystery on Windows XP because I saw on another forum that it doesn't run on newer versions of windows, every time I try to install the game it says "The wizard was interrupted before BarbieTM Diaries High School Mystery could be...
  5. Game not installing on Windows XP?

Game not installing on Windows XP?: I tried installing Barbie Diaries: High School Mystery on Windows XP because I saw on another forum that it doesn't run on newer versions of windows, every time I try to install the game it says "The wizard was interrupted before BarbieTM Diaries High School Mystery could be...
  6. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...
  7. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...
  8. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

9. faild note: "Unzip Failed" when i finished install game Ragnarok Origin Global

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    faild note: "Unzip Failed" when i finished install game Ragnarok Origin Global: Hi,I already try many times to get successful download but still faild and the customer service of that game cant help.i already try to disbaled antivirus, change other directory, but nothing.And i try to check on event viewer and i got this, can somebody help me, what...
  10. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070005 in installing game in gamepass