Windows 10: Game installation

Discus and support Game installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently having problems downloading Gears 5 Ulitimate Edition from the microsoft store for PC. I bought the game pass ultimate for that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WeaklierCub8713, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Game installation

Hello, I am currently having problems downloading Gears 5 Ulitimate Edition from the microsoft store for PC. I bought the game pass ultimate for that $1 promo thing they have this month, but when I go to the store It asks me to install and no matter how many times I press install It wont prompt me to do anything. Every other game I try installing will ask me what drive I want it on and will install but not gears 5. It also will not work going through the xbox beta app.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

WeaklierCub8713, Apr 6, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Apr 6, 2020
  4. niko084 Win User

Game installation

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Game installation

1. Game installation - Similar Threads - Game installation

2. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  3. Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error...: Hello. I have a problem when i try to instal google play games on my PC. 0x80070002 error code. How can i fix this error? Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-try-to-instal-google/c3318dd5-b15a-4897-8d8c-e4e31287e73c
  4. why i cant install or play any game

why i cant install or play any game: can you please send me any hit then i can install or play any game please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-install-or-play-any-game/5c67dd01-a198-4d9a-b84e-9341b77bffe8
  5. why i cant install or play any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i cant install or play any game: can you please send me any hit then i can install or play any game please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-install-or-play-any-game/5c67dd01-a198-4d9a-b84e-9341b77bffe8
  6. Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...: Hello I have spent the last 30 days trying every solution I could find on google and on this MS answers form and I am still unable to access my game pass on the Xbox app. I am giving up at this point but trying to see if anyone has anything else I can try before I completely...
  7. Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...

Cannot install gaming services, receiving error on MS store when trying to update it. Xbox...: Hello I have spent the last 30 days trying every solution I could find on google and on this MS answers form and I am still unable to access my game pass on the Xbox app. I am giving up at this point but trying to see if anyone has anything else I can try before I completely...
  8. Game 'Sea of Thieves' installed twice due to conflict between Microsoft Store and Xbox App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game 'Sea of Thieves' installed twice due to conflict between Microsoft Store and Xbox App?: Hi,I used to play Sea of Thieves via the Microsoft Store. However, when I encountered a glitch which made me unable to invite friends into my game, I downloaded the Xbox app. Since then I play Sea of Thieves from there.A few days ago I noticed my Sea of Thieves was installed...
  9. Game 'Sea of Thieves' installed twice due to conflict between Microsoft Store and Xbox App?

Game 'Sea of Thieves' installed twice due to conflict between Microsoft Store and Xbox App?: Hi,I used to play Sea of Thieves via the Microsoft Store. However, when I encountered a glitch which made me unable to invite friends into my game, I downloaded the Xbox app. Since then I play Sea of Thieves from there.A few days ago I noticed my Sea of Thieves was installed...
  10. Help! Xbox App won’t update 0x80070422 and I can’t install any Xbox Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help! Xbox App won’t update 0x80070422 and I can’t install any Xbox Games: I’ve been trying to find a solution to this code 0x80070422 but I can’t find anything that’s helpful. I tried updating my Windows 10 but that didn’t help. Then I tried downloading the game Forza Horizon 5 on the Microsoft Store thru my Library but nothing happened. Not even a...