Windows 10: Game installs lagging Windows 10

Discus and support Game installs lagging Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings all! I’ve attempted to install and run both Killing Floor 2 and Apex Legends on my system. It’s a brand new prebuilt from NZXT and it runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DMoore18, Feb 23, 2021.

1. DMoore18 Win User

Game installs lagging Windows 10

Greetings all!

I’ve attempted to install and run both Killing Floor 2 and Apex Legends on my system. It’s a brand new prebuilt from NZXT and it runs flawlessly... until... I installed these two games. Been running AC Valhalla so well and a few other games. I’ve installed them both through Steam and Origin. After install and running it up, on the next system boot everything gets wild. Programs barely start or wont at alllike game launchers, sometimes an SSD will vanish from file explorer or FE barely loads, and the system runs like it’s stuck in the mud. After I restore it, all is well! I was thinking maybe Direct X or C++ is an issue? Just looking for some insight before I throw a new Windows install on. I’m going to do one last check of all drivers as well.
    Specs:
    Ryzen 7 3700X
    16 GB Trident Z Skill RAM
    MSI VENTUS OC 3080
    X570 Aorus Master Mobo

All drives are WD. 256 M.2 for drive, 500GB M.2/2.5” 500GB for games.

:)

DMoore18, Feb 23, 2021

2. Card games lagging!

Hi Helena,

If it's an online game, the lag issue may have been caused by your Internet connection. It can also occur due to the game server issue. We'll need to gather a bit more information to better identify what's causing this. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What card game are you having issues with?
    • Is the issue the same with other games?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, if the card game you're playing is downloaded from Windows Store, we suggest running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. The apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with games and applications downloaded from Windows Store.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Feb 23, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Game installs lagging Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Game installs lagging

2. Windows 10 lagging in all games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lagging in all games.: The problem started when I was in a class which is an online class. During the class, I have noticed my laptop acting weird. When I opened an app, it took me about 30 seconds. Usually, my laptop opened an app within 5 seconds. I tried deleting temporary files etc....... but...
  3. Windows 10 lagging in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lagging in all games.: The problem started when I was in a class which is an online class. During the class, I have noticed my laptop acting weird. When I opened an app, it took me about 30 seconds. Usually, my laptop opened an app within 5 seconds. I tried deleting temporary files etc....... but...
  4. Windows 10 lagging in all games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  6. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  7. Windows 10 games lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 games lagging: Hello, recently I had to reinstall my windows 10 because it was stuttering very hard, I installed simple games, like beat cop, flashing lights, emergency call 112 etc.. and when I enter one of these games, it's starts stuttering so hard, and low fps around 1-2 FPS, I have a...
  8. Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.: Hey so I've been having this problem for a while and I've tried lots of things to try and fix it which none of them have worked. Clean installed windows twice Reinstalled through a flash drive Tried different Ram and Graphics cards I don't believe it is a hardware problem...
  9. Windows 10 lags games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lags games: Hi, I updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now i have low fps in every game, even in minecraft. Is it normal when every game laags. Before i had 60+ fps in gtav but now i have 40-30 fps. What can i do to fix this lag...
  10. Windows 10 Lagging when installing games on SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Lagging when installing games on SSD: How to fix it? I have SSD and i have the same problem in Windows 7 on SSD. 66550