Windows 10: Game keeps crashing on windows 10!

Discus and support Game keeps crashing on windows 10! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The game im talking about here is fallout new vegas, which i know is not meant for win 10. but it ran fine for my last win 10 laptop. this is the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by James_321, Nov 20, 2020.

1. James_321 Win User

Game keeps crashing on windows 10!

The game im talking about here is fallout new vegas, which i know is not meant for win 10. but it ran fine for my last win 10 laptop. this is the error message i get in the reliability monitor:

The program steam.exe version 6.17.23.25 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 2c14

Start Time: 01d6bf68567edd7c

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steam.exe

Report Id: 3f7086e7-6079-4e2b-8178-f9decd37ffe1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hang type: Top level window is idle

i do know get at all what this means! Please help!

:)

James_321, Nov 20, 2020

2. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 20, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Window 10 - game keep crashing

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We need more information about this problem, please help us with the below information:

• Where did you download this game(Windows store or CD)?
    • What is the problem that you face, when playing the game?
    • When you say crashing, do you get any error message?

We would suggest you to install the games using the compatibility mode(Note: This is only applicable for games that are downloaded or installed from disc).

To know more about installing program using compatibility, refer to the below link:

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Note: This article is designed for Windows 8/8.1, use it as a reference.

Please keep us updated.

Vinodh.V, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Game keeps crashing on windows 10! - Similar Threads - Game keeps crashing

2. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing: Hello. My games keep crashing after 5-30 minutes of gameplay. And it happens to all my games. There is no warning sign of the game about to crash. The game will just disappear. And maybe once a week it will give me a BSOD. The BSOD disappears too quick for me to see the error...
  3. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep crashing: Hello. My games keep crashing after 5-30 minutes of gameplay. And it happens to all my games. There is no warning sign of the game about to crash. The game will just disappear. And maybe once a week it will give me a BSOD. The BSOD disappears too quick for me to see the error...
  4. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing: Most games I try playing crash after 5-10 minutes. I started having issues a couple months ago after I upgraded my PC but they went away after fixing corrupt files. It started happening again a couple weeks ago but stopped after reinstalling windows. Now it's happening again...
  5. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games keep crashing: Most games I try playing crash after 5-10 minutes. I started having issues a couple months ago after I upgraded my PC but they went away after fixing corrupt files. It started happening again a couple weeks ago but stopped after reinstalling windows. Now it's happening again...
  6. Windows 10 games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 games keep crashing: For some reason, any game that I download off of the microsoft store always ends up crashing, such as Minecraft Bedrock, Astroneer, and Sea of Thieves. I have been searching for months as to why this is and I have uninstalled and reinstalled them all. I made sure that the pc...
  7. Game Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Keeps Crashing: Not sure if this is the right spot but I'm running out of options So, to begin my breaker tripped in my room and my computer wouldn't boot after that. After Troubleshooting I found it to be an SSD that had nothing to do with Boot. Removed it other SSD still didn't want to...
  8. games keep crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    games keep crashing: Story: laptop crashes at minor games after playing them for an X amount of minutes. PC has been sent to repair before which only helped for a few months without the replacement of parts. The error then returned which has been unsolved. When i looked into reliability...
  9. Games keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games keep crashing: SO i just got a new gpu its the RTX 2060 Super and ever since i installed it all my games crash except for rocket league. Its very annoying and i check task manager while gaming and majority of my games are using 94-100% cpu and causing stutters and such. Is there any advice...
  10. Game Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Keeps Crashing: I am trying to play Halo CE and it keeps crashing. I have ddu'd and reinstalled display and chipset drivers. Here are some Error reports. Access violation in ntdll.dll EXCEPTION INFORMATION Code: 0xc0000005 Address: 0x77E0C5D4 Flags: 0 MODULE INFORMATION Name:...