Windows 10: Game load time performance problems after 1803 update?

Discus and support Game load time performance problems after 1803 update? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed last December or so that my computer suddenly slowed down a bit. I think it may have been after the Windows 10 1803 update. Loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AKgeo, Aug 17, 2019.

1. AKgeo Win User

Game load time performance problems after 1803 update?

Hi,

I noticed last December or so that my computer suddenly slowed down a bit. I think it may have been after the Windows 10 1803 update.

Loading times for some apps and all of my games are noticeably slower. The frame rates are fine so I know it's not a graphics card issue, plus those drivers are always up to date. The games just take longer to launch and maps load a bit slower. I also seem to frequently get mouse unresponsiveness, and rarely, the entire system just completely locks up to the point where even Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work.

I did some research before and thought maybe this was a side-effect of the 1803 Spectre patch fix, so I waited for the current version (1903) that supposedly fixed the 1803 performance problems. However, this has not rectified the problem.

Did a disk check, no problems. The issue effects games running off both my boot PCIe SSD and storage HDD. Unfortunately in my infinite wisdom, I deleted earlier restore points to free up disk space...

System specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500: 3.5 GHz

Memory: 16Gb (2X8GB) DDR4 2400 MHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170xp-sli
    Boot drive: Samsung 950 NVMe (M.2; PCIe X4): 256GB

Storage drive: Western Digital Blue: 1TB, 7200 RPM
    Video Card: EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070

Windows 10 Home 1903

Anyone know if Fresh Start might fix this? I do still have a USB boot copy of Windows from when I build the system as well.

:)

AKgeo, Aug 17, 2019

2. In-game performance problem

Hi Kamil,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing performance issues when playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds on Windows 10. It is possible that your graphics card is not updated or the Windows Update is not completely installed. Another possible reason
    could be the apps running in the background while you are using your computer. To resolve your concern, turn off or disable the Game bar by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to go to the
      Settings
      menu.
    • Click on Gaming and select Game bar.
    • Toggle Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.
    • Uncheck Show game bar when I play full-screen games Microsoft has verified.

Make sure that your graphics card driver is updated by following the steps on this

link
    . If there are no available updates, you may visit the graphics card manufacturer's support page and download the most updated driver manually.

Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 17, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Game load time performance problems after 1803 update?

Counter Strike 1.6 (Game) Windows 10 Fall Creators Update mouse problem.

Thanks for the update and for performing the troubleshooting steps provided above. If this is an issue with the mouse driver, we would highly recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for any updates for the mouse driver.

For additional steps, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.

• Select System.

• Select Apps and features.

• Find the game and click Advanced options.

• Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Game load time performance problems after 1803 update?

1. Game load time performance problems after 1803 update? - Similar Threads - Game load performance

2. Poor game performance after recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor game performance after recent updates: My games, specifically Rockstar games, started freezing and stuttering after april's udates. After uninstalling Windows Defender Antivirus update things became better, but still worse than before. Please, help....
  3. cant load updates 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant load updates 1803: i've loaded ms windows 10 updates and on succesive update tries 1803 comes up failure that's my problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-load-updates-1803/009579b9-b99b-4531-8504-281c2dbc2b50
  4. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  5. Games keeps crashing after 1803 update

Games keeps crashing after 1803 update: After the 1803 update my Microsoft games in Windows 10 version1809 keep crashing. I mean Solitaire collection and Microsoft jigsaw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-keeps-crashing-after-1803-update/c136edf3-db49-4fec-b853-045f521159ca
  6. Games performance after Win updates.

Games performance after Win updates.: Hey, This problem started to appear for me after the creators updates a few month ago. Any game that I used to run on windowed or borderless windowed mode started to have this sort of flickering that you`ll see in the images. The only fix that I`ve then was to use...
  7. 1803 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Update Problems: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help please as 1803 update will not install on my laptop. There have been no end of attempts to do this each taking an age and the end result is always the same "Restoring previous version of Windows". I have tried to turn off Widows Updates using...
  8. Lots of problems after 1803 update

Lots of problems after 1803 update: Hi, I'm having these problems for months now. Before I get another set of generic solutions let me say that I tried lots of procedures, none of them worked. The only thing that works is a full clean reinstall while holding back on 1803 update. First I'm gonna list the...
  9. Problem starting games since the 1803 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem starting games since the 1803 update: Since the 1803 update I've been getting intermittent failures to start Steam and Origin Games. I get the error message:_ "DirectX failed to initialise. This game requires at least a DirectX11-level graphics card, and a version of Windows which supports DirectX11 (WindowsXP...
  10. Game performance problems after update 586.11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game performance problems after update 586.11: After the big November update (build 586.11) I started having problems with all games slowing down to a crawl. I have a notebook with an ATI Mobility Radeon R7 and a Core I7 CPU and I never had any problems before this update. So far I've tried a sfc scan, installing...