Windows 10: Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

Discus and support Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How the problem looks like? You try to turn using arrows while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zwolamed, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Zwolamed Win User

Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

How the problem looks like?

You try to turn using arrows while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to some letter.

Or you try to move, but you can't, or it is difficult. Key registering is not constant, and instant.

When the problem occurs?

When the game mode is turned on, probably on units with slow CPUs.

It was fixed by setting explorer.exe to high.

The problem can be also triggered by closing explorer.exe during the game, while with game mode turned off, explorer could be closed without causing the problem.

The other thing triggering the issue was changing game application priority to higher than "normal" (even with explorer set to "high").

I encountered the problem in various games like: BF V beta, FH3, FH4 demo.

Actually it's also shame that when we close explorer.exe after UWP app launch (e.g. from relevant command in CMD.exe), which fixes FH3/4 crashes for some people, OS becomes unresponsible. There is only black screen on game exit, and we cannot launch explorer.exe manually then. We need to log off via ALT+CTRL+DEL (good that at least that thing works).

I also don't quite like the thing in 1809, that game mode was deleted from game bar. Now it needs to be disabled/enable in Windows Settings>Gaming>Game Mode, instead of Win+G in the game, and pressing button.

:)

Zwolamed, Nov 27, 2018

2. Slow reactions

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing could be due the third party software is conflicting to the issue. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

Open Task Manager and check if any program is running on the system background and end the program.

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open the
      Task manager

• Right click on the program and end
      the program.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I recommend you to run system maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue and it will automatically try to fix the issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on view all and click on
      System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the above step did not help to fix the issue, try the below information.

Step 3.

I suggest you to boot the system on Clean boot state and check if the issue still persist.
    Clean boot process will help you determine which third party program/app that is causing this issue. It could be some other application or programs, which runs on the computer at the background, leading to this issue. Please visit the below
    link on how to perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

Playing games is very slow

I have recently installed windows 10 and have tried to play some of my old favorite computer games,(Diciples, age of empires, stronghold) and they run so slow I can't even play them. Any suggestions?

Moved from Community Participation Center

Original title: playing games

MarkAllen5525, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

1. Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX] - Similar Threads - Game mode cause

2. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  3. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  4. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. after sleep mode.... delayed reactions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after sleep mode.... delayed reactions: creating a new discussion because no answers to the question from May in recent days, with new tests. anything suggested as a solution, no matter how irrelevant, made no difference. This is frustrating. But at least now I don't have to hit the reset button to use my pc. Link...
  6. after sleep mode.... delayed reactions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after sleep mode.... delayed reactions: creating a new discussion because no answers to the question from May in recent days, with new tests. anything suggested as a solution, no matter how irrelevant, made no difference. This is frustrating. But at least now I don't have to hit the reset button to use my pc. Link...
  7. fix shift key reaction

in Windows 10 Customization
    fix shift key reaction: I have this habit of creating a small letter when I want to create a capital one. The shift key apparently does not like my speed or timing in pressing down or letting go of it. What' the best way to fix this? I assume in the conrol panel/keyboard or other windows 10...
  8. Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode & Toggle Keys - Play a sound when Caps, Num Scroll Lock are pressed - Causing...: On my Windows 10 Pro 1909, I have turned on the setting - 'Toggle Keys' - 'Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock' causes BOTH desktop background IMAGE and any APP windows to momentarily flash INVERSE video colors for one (1) second, then...
  9. Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Scheduled Now during Game Play with Game Mode On: I have the Windows 10 April 2nd 2019 Update and while I was in a game with game mode on I cannot believe what happened during a critical moment in the game: Windows 10 stops the game, pops out of fullscreen and shows the Windows we have an update for you do you want to...
  10. Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction...: I have something crucial to add to my previous topic which is locked. TL;DR You need to: -set explorer.exe priority to above high or high (depends on a game) [don't close explorer.exe during gaming with Game Mode enabled) and also (at least in FH3) - go to taskmgr and...