Windows 10: Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction...

Discus and support Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have something crucial to add to my previous topic which is locked. TL;DR You need to: -set explorer.exe priority to above high or high (depends... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zwolamed, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Zwolamed Win User

Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction...

I have something crucial to add to my previous topic which is locked.

TL;DR

You need to:

-set explorer.exe priority to above high or high (depends on a game) [don't close explorer.exe during gaming with Game Mode enabled)

and also (at least in FH3)

- go to taskmgr and in Service Host: Remote Procedure Call>details>set priority>above normal

- sometimes you also need to lower your details

- sometimes you also need to lock your FPS to 30

How the problem looks like?

You try to turn using arrows e.g. while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to some letter.

Or you try to move, but you can't, or it is difficult. Key registering is not constant, and instant.

When the problem occurs?

When the game mode is run probably on units with slow CPUs.

It was fixed by setting explorer.exe to high/above normal and one of svhost.exe to above normal.

The problem can be also triggered by closing explorer.exe during the game, while with game mode turned off, explorer could be closed without causing the problem.

The other thing triggering the issue was changing game application priority to higher than "normal" (even with explorer set to "high").

I encountered the problem in various games like: BF V beta, FH3, FH4 demo.

Actually it's also shame that when we close explorer.exe after UWP app launch (e.g. from relevant command in CMD.exe), which fixes FH3/4 crashes for some people, OS becomes unresponsible. There is only black screen on game exit, and we cannot launch explorer.exe manually then. We need to log off via ALT+CTRL+DEL (good that at least that thing works).

I also don't quite like the thing in 1809, that game mode was deleted from game bar. Now it needs to be disabled/enable in Windows Settings>Gaming>Game Mode, instead of Win+G in the game, and pressing button.

:)

Zwolamed, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Zwolamed Win User

Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

How the problem looks like?

You try to turn using arrows while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to some letter.

Or you try to move, but you can't, or it is difficult. Key registering is not constant, and instant.

When the problem occurs?

When the game mode is turned on, probably on units with slow CPUs.

It was fixed by setting explorer.exe to high.

The problem can be also triggered by closing explorer.exe during the game, while with game mode turned off, explorer could be closed without causing the problem.

The other thing triggering the issue was changing game application priority to higher than "normal" (even with explorer set to "high").

I encountered the problem in various games like: BF V beta, FH3, FH4 demo.

Actually it's also shame that when we close explorer.exe after UWP app launch (e.g. from relevant command in CMD.exe), which fixes FH3/4 crashes for some people, OS becomes unresponsible. There is only black screen on game exit, and we cannot launch explorer.exe
    manually then. We need to log off via ALT+CTRL+DEL (good that at least that thing works).

I also don't quite like the thing in 1809, that game mode was deleted from game bar. Now it needs to be disabled/enable in Windows Settings>Gaming>Game Mode, instead of Win+G in the game, and pressing button.

Zwolamed, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 27, 2019
  4. GRB70 Win User

Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction...

Disable game mode

Other than
    which doesn't open a game bar, is there another way to disable? Some kind of workaround?

TYVM Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction... :)

grb

GRB70, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Game Mode cause problems with key pressing / movment in games (slow or broken key reaction... - Similar Threads - Game Mode cause

2. Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off: I don't game often, so I can't say for sure when this first started to happen, but I have just noticed that pressing the Windows key with a game open no longer opens the Start menu to quickly get out of a game in full screen mode. Several suggestions say to turn of Game Mode...
  3. Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key not working with game open - Game Mode off: I don't game often, so I can't say for sure when this first started to happen, but I have just noticed that pressing the Windows key with a game open no longer opens the Start menu to quickly get out of a game in full screen mode. Several suggestions say to turn of Game Mode...
  4. fix shift key reaction

in Windows 10 Customization
    fix shift key reaction: I have this habit of creating a small letter when I want to create a capital one. The shift key apparently does not like my speed or timing in pressing down or letting go of it. What' the best way to fix this? I assume in the conrol panel/keyboard or other windows 10...
  5. Problem with keyboard keys in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with keyboard keys in games: Hello everybody I've been having problems with my movement in games for the longest time. Whenever I move around with the "WASD" keys, my movement stutters and it teleports me in a way I guess. I'm not sure how to describe this, but whenever I move, the game teleports me...
  6. Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering: I have a new crucial thing to add to my 2nd topic which is also locked. TL;DR How to fix it: You need to: -set explorer.exe priority to above normal or high (depends on a game) [don't close explorer.exe during gaming with Game Mode enabled) and also (at least in Forza...
  7. Disable windows key in game mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable windows key in game mode?: Is there a way to disable the windows key when you enable game mode? This would seem like an obvious feature and would be incorporated into the game mode feature, but I couldn't find it....
  8. USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys

USB game controller's are pressing keyboard keys: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  9. usb game controller's pressing keys in windows

usb game controller's pressing keys in windows: I have for a while been using my PS3 controller for gaming and it works fine. But I needed to test out a new SNES controller for a project, and found it was not reading correctly. Or so I thought. I tested another with same results. Stranger thing is that I have a KIT...
  10. Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game mode cause enormously deferred, slow key pressing reaction during playing [FIX]: How the problem looks like? You try to turn using arrows while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to some letter. Or you try to move, but you can't, or it is difficult. Key registering is not constant, and instant. When the...