Windows 10: Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering

Discus and support Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new crucial thing to add to my 2nd topic which is also locked. TL;DR How to fix it: You need to: -set explorer.exe priority to above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zwolamed, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Zwolamed Win User

Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering

I have a new crucial thing to add to my 2nd topic which is also locked.

TL;DR How to fix it:

You need to:

-set explorer.exe priority to above normal or high (depends on a game) [don't close explorer.exe during gaming with Game Mode enabled)

and also (at least in Forza Horizon 3 and probably other UWP apps):

- go to taskmgr and in Service Host: Remote Procedure Call>details>set priority>above normal

- sometimes you also need to lower your details

- don't change pre-rendered frames from default 3

- keep your frame lock and V-Sync on

- sometimes you also need to lock your FPS to 30 (e.g. on higher details/resolution) then you might want to change default pre-rendered frames settings

- (and a new thing) If all above fail, set your game priority to idle

- In FH3, don't set the game to 16/44 (the best is 16/48)

You might want to install Process Lasso to keep your process priority.

How the problem looks like?

You try to turn using arrows e.g. while driving, and the key is registered with delay. The same for accelerate key bound to some letter.

Or you try to move, but you can't, or it is difficult. Key registering is not constant, and instant.

When the problem occurs?

When the game mode is run probably on units with slow CPUs.

It was fixed by setting explorer.exe to high/above normal and one of svhost.exe to above normal.

The problem can be also triggered by closing explorer.exe during the game, while with game mode turned off, explorer could be closed without causing the problem.

The other thing triggering the issue was changing game application priority to higher than "normal" (even with explorer set to "high").

I encountered the problem in various games like: BF V beta, FH3, FH4 demo.

Actually it's also shame that when we close explorer.exe after UWP app launch (e.g. from relevant command in CMD.exe), which fixes FH3/4 crashes for some people, OS becomes unresponsible. There is only black screen on game exit, and we cannot launch explorer.exe manually then. We need to log off via ALT+CTRL+DEL (good that at least that thing works).

I also don't quite like the thing in 1809, that game mode was deleted from game bar. Now it needs to be disabled/enable in Windows Settings>Gaming>Game Mode, instead of Win+G in the game, and pressing button.

If you don't have to, please don't close that topic.

:)

Zwolamed, Jul 15, 2019
  2. Kay Es Win User

Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

• It was a .net optimization service and windows defender update, which also took up a lot of cpu usage. (I'm guessing that's what caused the mouse to stutter and lag).
    • No, the game runs fine, as long as there aren't any compulsory windows updates that decide to run all of a sudden when I've been gaming an hour in.
    • Logitech G403. Uninstalled the drivers thinking it was a problem.
    • Yeah, especially those that utilise 100% cpu usage.

Just in case, it's a i5 7300HQ.

Kay Es, Jul 15, 2019
  3. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

Hi Kay,

For me to better assist you with this concern, I would like to gather more information about the issue at hand. Allow me to ask the following:

• What updates were trying to install on the background?
    • Did the issue appear after the updates were installed?
    • What type of mouse were you using?
    • Does the mouse lags when playing a specific game?

In the meantime, please start your computer in safe mode and see if the issue persists. Doing so will help us determine whether or not the recent updates have triggered the problem. Please check the link Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering

Csgo game lag stutter

Hi D'andre,

I realize that you are facing lag issues with a game. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Is the issue specific to this game?
    You may temporarily disable any 3rd party security software and check if this helps.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software
    is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering

1. Game Mode cause stuttering lag / bad movement keys registering - Similar Threads - Game Mode cause

2. Computer games lagging badly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer games lagging badly: My computer has been lagging badly for the past 3 weeks this lag problem started basically out of nowhere as it was fine before. I noticed when I play roblox my ping will fluctuate throughout the day from averaging 70-90ms of ping then suddenly spiking to 1000ms where the...
  3. Computer games lagging badly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer games lagging badly: My computer has been lagging badly for the past 3 weeks this lag problem started basically out of nowhere as it was fine before. I noticed when I play roblox my ping will fluctuate throughout the day from averaging 70-90ms of ping then suddenly spiking to 1000ms where the...
  4. Roblox games lagging badly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox games lagging badly.: Whenever I try to play a game on Roblox it will just lag really badly. This is not a Wi-Fi issue or something like that it will just continue to lag really bad, and I have tried almost everything like, reinstall Roblox, turn off and on my laptop, etc. This started to happen...
  5. Roblox games lagging badly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Roblox games lagging badly.: Whenever I try to play a game on Roblox it will just lag really badly. This is not a Wi-Fi issue or something like that it will just continue to lag really bad, and I have tried almost everything like, reinstall Roblox, turn off and on my laptop, etc. This started to happen...
  6. Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.: I've been having a power issue for a while with my laptop. I dont know what i did, but this started a month ago I'd say. So basically, my laptop tends to heat up when the balanced power mode Settings>System> Power & Battery is set to best performance, and i dont want it to...
  7. Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.

Balanced performance mode causes games to stutter.: I've been having a power issue for a while with my laptop. I dont know what i did, but this started a month ago I'd say. So basically, my laptop tends to heat up when the balanced power mode Settings>System> Power & Battery is set to best performance, and i dont want it to...
  8. Stutters and lags in the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  9. Stutters and lags in the game

Stutters and lags in the game: Hello, I hope you can help me or give me some advice on how to fix my problem with the desktop pc. I bought a gaming desktop pc to play the latest games. It's a high-end desktop pc. And I am very struggling with stutters in the games. Micro stutters or lags I guess. They are...
  10. Turning game mode on causes mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turning game mode on causes mouse lag: As per title. I initially had some issues with automatic background updates and all that nonsense eating up my bandwidth and cpu usage while i was gaming (this will be a complaint for another time). I thought about giving it a shot and turning game mode on, but nope....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft game mode stuttering

2. what causes osu to lag

3. windows game mode cause stutters

4. game mode on cause stuttering?