Windows 10: Game Mode problems

Discus and support Game Mode problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have every option toggled off and game mode still keeps toggling on and off randomly when I'm playing any game or sometimes even if I'm just watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DJMillentree, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Game Mode problems

I have every option toggled off and game mode still keeps toggling on and off randomly when I'm playing any game or sometimes even if I'm just watching youtube.

:)

DJMillentree, Sep 28, 2020

2. Problem with games on Win 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 28, 2020
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Game Mode problems

The Sims 4 Gaming problem

Hi Fiona,

The issue might cause if the game is compatible with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Game Mode problems

1. Game Mode problems - Similar Threads - Game Mode problems

2. No Game Mode?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Game Mode?!?: I need help I can't enable game mode on my windows 11 device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-game-mode/13c74186-64c4-4479-9d42-6921eed14afa
  3. No Game Mode?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Game Mode?!?: I need help I can't enable game mode on my windows 11 device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-game-mode/13c74186-64c4-4479-9d42-6921eed14afa
  4. Is game mode worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is game mode worth it?: I saw in a video to turn off game mode and I saw in another video to turn on game mode. In this point in time, is game mode worth it? submitted by /u/Cherry-Character [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/luzeqd/is_game_mode_worth_it/
  5. Gaming mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gaming mode: Hello my windows 10 pro N does not have a gaming mode and the Xbox game bar does not open and all the things to fix it require the gaming setting please can you tell me how to get it...
  6. Game mode

Game mode: I have windows 10 home, I have game mode disabled but I still get the black screen/toggle message anytime I tab out. Problem is that it just randomly happens even without tabbing now that i'm using duel monitors which has been causing a lot of in game problems as you can...
  7. Game Mode

Game Mode: Whenever I'm in a game and I change the level of the volume it shows the level in the top left but when it shows it the screen turns black for a second and also when the volume bar goes away. And it isn't just when I change the volume it happens whenever I get a notification...
  8. Game mode

Game mode: When open game mode (Win+G) it open so slow I have to wait for a few minutes without doing anything sometimes it doesn't even open I have 8GB ram Intel core i7 5500U And the school pc has 4GB ram but it opens instantly And it has Intel core i5-6400 submitted by /u/Berkay7...
  9. Game mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game mode: What does game mode do and what will happen if I disable it and related game settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-mode/8384a08f-00ad-4df2-9581-f2386a0bf570
  10. Game Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode: Hello, I use my laptop as a Gaming Laptop. Anyways as soon I get on a game, I press Windows Key + G. And when I on Game Mode. I don't notice anything. As so my FPS did not increase. Is this part of it or not. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing a setting linked to Game...