Windows 10: Game Mode slows down my PC

Discus and support Game Mode slows down my PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Has anyone else tried the new "Game Mode" in Creators Update? I tried it with PCSX2 (PS2 emulator) and I noticed that my PC got really REALLY slow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattMcD488, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Game Mode slows down my PC

Has anyone else tried the new "Game Mode" in Creators Update? I tried it with PCSX2 (PS2 emulator) and I noticed that my PC got really REALLY slow, even on PCSX2's menus. Also, after I closed it, my computer stayed slow. I went back into settings and turned Game Mode off which didn't take effect until after a restart. Has anyone else had a similar experience with Game Mode slowing their PC to a crawl?

:)

MattMcD488, Apr 20, 2017

2. Real time priority

So i have read that real time priority is bad for my pc. But that was after i had given a game real time priority. Now while running other apps my PC randomly slows down and i have to restart it. Even while running the app i gave real time priority. Before
    i could run online games like begone just fine but now after 20 min gaming my PC slows down and starts to lag.

AbhyudayPandey, Apr 20, 2017
  3. bartekxyz Win User
    Massive slow down after update

Is it posssible that my phone was slowing down because of 10000+ small files on memory card(old pc games)

bartekxyz, Apr 20, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Game Mode slows down my PC

It's supposed to be good for just limited number of games and emulators run in it's own environment so they can't possibly benefit from anything but better HW.

CountMike, Apr 20, 2017
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Game Mode slows down my PC

1. Game Mode slows down my PC - Similar Threads - Game Mode slows

2. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is slowing down: So my Dell Optiplex 7040 has been through a lot and has been slowing down with Windows 10. Please help me with getting Windows back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-slowing-down/7db918f1-5fe3-4923-aad1-292846a43f1f
  3. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is slowing down: So my Dell Optiplex 7040 has been through a lot and has been slowing down with Windows 10. Please help me with getting Windows back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-slowing-down/7db918f1-5fe3-4923-aad1-292846a43f1f
  4. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My pc started to slow down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc started to slow down when gaming: as the title says, My pc started to slow down when gaming, it usually doesnt, and then it started to slowing down and games i usually play are unplayable.and i found this article :...
  6. My pc started to slow down when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc started to slow down when gaming: as the title says, My pc started to slow down when gaming, it usually doesnt, and then it started to slowing down and games i usually play are unplayable.and i found this article :...
  7. Gaming PC Is Slowing Down Dramitically

Gaming PC Is Slowing Down Dramitically: After I got a gaming PC a little over a year ago, i find the graphics to slow down very bad. I reset the PC, ran disk defragment, disk cleanup, system configuration, indexing files, etc. And it's still NOTHING HAS HELPED I've recently took a two week break from my PC, i went...
  8. Gaming PC Slowing Down For No Reason

Gaming PC Slowing Down For No Reason: After I got a gaming PC a little over a year ago, i find the graphics to slow down very bad. I reset the PC, ran disk defragment, disk cleanup, system configuration, indexing files, etc. And it's still NOTHING HAS HELPED I've recently took a two week break from my PC, i went...
  9. PC slows down

PC slows down: My Lenovo Windows 10 laptop bought in 2016 is very slow, ittakes a lot of time to load or open any folder and I am not able to know its cause. I have tried deleting temporary files in temp and %temp% folders but after some time, it again starts slowing down. It is free of...
  10. Slow down of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow down of PC: After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I observed that when I open any word file Microsoft word 2010 by PC become slow. For few particular word files my PC become terribly slow and it does not function properly. What is the reason for this and is there any solution?...