Windows 10: Game Mode

Discus and support Game Mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I'm in a game and I change the level of the volume it shows the level in the top left but when it shows it the screen turns black for a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deathwingx15, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Game Mode

Whenever I'm in a game and I change the level of the volume it shows the level in the top left but when it shows it the screen turns black for a second and also when the volume bar goes away. And it isn't just when I change the volume it happens whenever I get a notification

submitted by /u/Deathwingx15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deathwingx15, Feb 22, 2020

2. Game Mode Win10

Hi,

Game Mode is automatically enabled to some games only. There are some games that require you to manually enable Game Mode before you can use this feature on your Windows 10 device.

To manually turn on Game Mode, you can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard + G.
    • Select Settings.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for Game Mode.

If you have any other queries, feel free to post your concerns here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 22, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Game Mode

Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Game Mode

1. Game Mode - Similar Threads - Game Mode

2. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  3. all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all games capped at 60 fps in borderless and fullscreen mode, but uncapped when windowes: Hi, for a few days I have this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.I have vsync and dvr disabled, i tried reinstalling some old nvidia driver but it didnt work. I took this screenshot in the laptop display165HzIn minecraft you can see the difference very well, and it...
  4. I got my pc 2 Years ago i when i open games such as call of duty on fullscreen mode my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got my pc 2 Years ago i when i open games such as call of duty on fullscreen mode my...: I got my pc 2 Years ago i when i open games such as call of duty on fullscreen mode my screen glitches and stays black and i cant see anything any tips please its really anoying...
  5. I got my pc 2 Years ago i when i open games such as call of duty on fullscreen mode my...

I got my pc 2 Years ago i when i open games such as call of duty on fullscreen mode my...: I got my pc 2 Years ago i when i open games such as call of duty on fullscreen mode my screen glitches and stays black and i cant see anything any tips please its really anoying...
  6. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  7. While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar

While playing game in full screen mode, game randomly minimizes to taskbar: Playing in full screen mode and occasionally, the game will minimize to the taskbar. I can bring it back up but it's extremely annoying and happens frequently. Things I've tried to fix the problem include:- Turning off Game Mode- Turning off notifications- Turning on focus...
  8. My game mode keeps turning off whenever my boot my pc on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game mode keeps turning off whenever my boot my pc on windows 11: Recently I have been having a problem where my game mode is automatically turned on when I start my pc and I have to enable it every time I boot my pc, does any one have a fix for this?...
  9. My game mode keeps turning off whenever my boot my pc on windows 11

My game mode keeps turning off whenever my boot my pc on windows 11: Recently I have been having a problem where my game mode is automatically turned on when I start my pc and I have to enable it every time I boot my pc, does any one have a fix for this?...
  10. Game mode activates Despite being disabled

Game mode activates Despite being disabled: I have turned it off but it keeps starting when i start a game it **** up my audio settings may the person who made it burn in hell. i have deleted the registry editor AllowAutoEnableGameMode thing but still activates i have repeatedly restarted my computer but it just...