Windows 10: Game no longer workes

Discus and support Game no longer workes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a new HP laptop loaded my favorite game it played perfect for 6 months. Then one day Windows installed a update said I needed to restart after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SHIRLEYMEBLUE, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Game no longer workes

I bought a new HP laptop loaded my favorite game it played perfect for 6 months. Then one day Windows installed a update said I needed to restart after I restarted my laptop my game would no longer. The game is Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 complete.

:)

SHIRLEYMEBLUE, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

GOG games no longer work after latest updates

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you updated all the drivers?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to install the Game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install Game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the Game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the Game install and then check the functionality.

And also update Display driver from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 6, 2018
  3. elbeasto Win User
    Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Game no longer workes

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Game no longer workes

1. Game no longer workes - Similar Threads - Game longer workes

2. Softwares are no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Softwares are no longer working: Hi, I formatted my laptop some weeks ago in order to get a fresh start ,and upon loading the system with my softwares, I found out my softwares are no longer opening. Then they all have the same size 1,014 kb. Please what can be the cause of this....
  3. touchscreen no longer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchscreen no longer works: I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?...
  4. Audio no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio no longer working: My audio is no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-no-longer-working/0cf5a8f6-2ab9-421c-9720-43e8ce692ce2
  5. Game Controller No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Controller No Longer Detected: Can someone please help, I've had a PS3 Controller for about 8 months now and it's been working great but suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere my PC doesn't detect the PS3 and not in the USB device not recognised kind of way but in the it doesn't even register a USB device...
  6. Windows 7 games no longer work in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 games no longer work in Windows 10: I am a Windows Insider Preview user. As of the last build, my FreeCell game icoin no longer opens the game. I had been playing it for several months after downloading "Windows 7 Games with patcher", but in the latest Insider Preview build ( 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800) the...
  7. Video controls within a game no longer work

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video controls within a game no longer work: I have a game that I am thoroughly addicted to. Within the game, it has video options to brighten the screen(or not). Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, these controls no longer work. The game works just fine but the screen is very dark. Been playing this game for more than a...
  8. Sleep Mode No longer works

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode No longer works: After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 Sleep Mode started to work as it should. Great. Loved the new feature. Then a few days ago I noticed that the computer was not going into sleep mode after the 20 minutes. When I manually select sleep the computer attempts to go into...
  9. Start no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start no longer working: I have had Win 10 installed and working well until this past week, when the Start button on my keyboard and the on screen icon no longer work. The screen icon will turn dark yellow with either touch or pen, but it does not open. I can right click it and get to that menu, but...
  10. WSearch No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Support
    WSearch No Longer Working: For some reason the search indexing service has stopped and I can't restart it. I've tried rebooting multiple times. I've seen some other threads mention RPC and it is indeed running on my system. This happened very recently (24 hours). From the services panel, trying to...