Windows 10: Game no longer working correctly on Win 10

Discus and support Game no longer working correctly on Win 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I hope someone can help. Myself and a few other gamers who have upgraded Machines to Win10 that were previously Win7 and Win8.1 are now suffering a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TwoTon3T3d, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Game no longer working correctly on Win 10

I hope someone can help. Myself and a few other gamers who have upgraded Machines to Win10 that were previously Win7 and Win8.1 are now suffering a conflict when submitting records to the game server. The game is Fishsim2 from 2000 very old game but has worked on all versions of Windows. When submitting global records the information is sent but the return path that verifies it in the game is not validating the game just crahes to desktop. I have asked other players who had Win10 as their first install as in it was the current version on their OS and they do not have a problem with submitting records. So the problem is only happening on OS that has the upgrade from Win7/8.1 to Win10. Is there anyway to fix this as you probably can imagine I am not happy about losing the most important part of the game I have played for 20 years because of Win10 causing this problem. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated T.I.A.

:)

TwoTon3T3d, Apr 18, 2020

2. Win 10 randomly kills games

Hi Laurynas,

To help you with your issue, we suggest you refer to the links below to get information about compatible games with Windows 10, and troubleshooting steps for crashing game issues:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Problem with games on Win 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Game no longer working correctly on Win 10

access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Game no longer working correctly on Win 10

1. Game no longer working correctly on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Game longer working

2. Win 10 notepad no longer works?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 notepad no longer works?: Hi folks, I have the latest iteration of Windows 10 64bit. Around a week ago my notepad just stopped working, I click on it and it opens and the first thing I notice is the cursor doesn't move I click into it and the top right corner of the notepad over the buttons goes...
  3. Magnifier Win Plus + or - not working correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Magnifier Win Plus + or - not working correctly: Until about two weeks ago When I pressed Win Key Plus + or - key whatever I had on my screen increased or decreased. Now, when I press Win Plus + am area about one inch in high opens. its almost like it opens a second copy of the desktop. I use another Win 10 PC at work and...
  4. Printer no longer works correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer no longer works correctly: Why does my printer no longer have the option to print in color since Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-no-longer-works-correctly/29c966f2-5428-49fd-a075-b569bf0f4425
  5. Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji Picker ( Win+. or Win+; ) No Longer Works: After the latest big update from Windows, I noticed that my Emoji Picker Window (the window that you can pull up when pressing the Windows key + the period or semicolon key) no longer comes up. I tried searching online to why this doesn't work, and how to fix it, etc, yet...
  6. Game no longer workes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game no longer workes: I bought a new HP laptop loaded my favorite game it played perfect for 6 months. Then one day Windows installed a update said I needed to restart after I restarted my laptop my game would no longer. The game is Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 complete....
  7. Bluetooth mouse no longer works correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse no longer works correctly: Hi, after installing the cumulative update September KB4458469 my Bluetooth mouse connected to my MS Surface 4 frequently hangs and stops working entirely after some minutes. Switching off and on helps for until the next failure. I have already replaced the batteries and...
  8. Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Box colors no longer seems to be working in Win 10: Changing the rgb values here used to work:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors HotTrackingColor Hilight Was this ability to change removed in an update or is there a different method? 113210
  9. No Games will Work Correctly For me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Games will Work Correctly For me.: I use to be able to play COD AW and MW# but now everytime I try to play, I keep going into the prone position. I have since removed all of my games and will use Windows 7 for gaming. This may be a deal breaker for me as Games used to play great. Not with this build. 8643
  10. A couple of programs no longer work in Latest Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of programs no longer work in Latest Win 10: Since I updated my Windows 10 installation to version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296), two programs which I used frequently no longer work. JRuler Pro, from JR Screen Ruler Pro - Transparent, Rotation Supported, doesn't appear when I click on its original exe file. I...