Windows 10: Game not detected by Windows Store

Discus and support Game not detected by Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a pc that 2 people use. Each have their own account. I redeemed Gears of War 4 for PC using the Windows Store, downloaded it (133GB for a game... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RnB010, Oct 29, 2019.

1. RnB010 Win User

Game not detected by Windows Store

I have a pc that 2 people use. Each have their own account. I redeemed Gears of War 4 for PC using the Windows Store, downloaded it (133GB for a game like that is absurd but more about that later) and was able to play no problem.

The issue now is that the 2nd user of the pc also bought a GoW4 key, redeemed it using Windows Store on her own account. But Windows Store wont recognize the game as already being installed on the PC so on her account she cant play GoW4 without having to download the whole game AGAIN. Which means GoW4 would take over 260GB of space on my pc which is absolutely ridiculous.

Are you really trying to tell me each individual useraccount on my PC has to download the whole game in order to play it? Or am I doing something wrong? Why isnt Windows Store detecting the already installed game files?

:)

RnB010, Oct 29, 2019

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows Store Games

Hi,

A corrupted profile data associated with the game and availability of updates for the game are two of the primary factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting performance and stability issues with games on Windows 10. Here are the
    troubleshooting solutions that you may perform to resolve this concern:

Solution 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with apps and games downloaded from the Windows Store. In addition, we also suggest running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter to help diagnose and resolve compatibility issues encountered when
    running games on Windows 10. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 2: Check for game update

If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, you may manually search if there are updates available for the games. As for the steps, see

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Solution 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu

Resetting the game from the Settings menu can help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the game and check if you'll encounter the same issue.​​
    Let us know it goes after performing these troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Oct 29, 2019
  4. Game not detected by Windows Store

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Game not detected by Windows Store

1. Game not detected by Windows Store - Similar Threads - Game detected Store

2. Microsoft Store not detecting a game on a seperate harddrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store not detecting a game on a seperate harddrive: So I have installed Sea of Thieves on my desktop to an external hard drive. Whenever I plug in my hard drive to my laptop and check under the xbox or microsoft store app, it tells me I need to re-install the game. Any help? Thanks...
  3. Microsoft store can't detect hardware, won't download games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store can't detect hardware, won't download games.: I just bought the game pass, and the microsoft store says my computer isn't compatible because it cant detect any of my hardware. How do i let the microsoft store see what hardware I have?...
  4. Microphone Detection In-Game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detection In-Game: I am using a wired headset with a microphone for PC games. The headset gets detected and game volume plays through it but the mic will not get detected in-game. The mic gets detected by Windows, however. I researched this problem and made sure desktop apps were allowed access...
  5. Windows 10 store game no longer detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 store game no longer detected: I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 on my ssd instead of my C: drive and it worked for a few days now it isn't detected by windows or the store. Since it's a 128gb drive I can't select install for it to detect the game files and can't move them since they're encrypted. Is there any...
  6. Windows Store not detecting applicable devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store not detecting applicable devices: Hello, I recently got the Xbox Game pass where I have access to games to download, but for some reason when I install the windows store tells me I don't have any applicable devices linked to my Microsoft account. Why is it not detecting my PC? Keep in mind, I only run into...
  7. windows Store Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows Store Games: When I try to open a game it starts to open and then it closes. Help Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-games/76eacc68-5f16-4801-80ce-a48479119824
  8. Store not detecting device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store not detecting device?: So I've logged in and made sure three times now, the laptop I'm currently using is definitely connected to my Microsoft account; however, the store doesn't seem to be able to detect the device when I go to install a game. Any tips? Am I simply missing something obvious here?...
  9. can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can you get windows store to detect already downloaded games: me and my brother just bought halo wars 2 and its a pretty big download we are on limited internet so only one of us can download it is it possible to put the game on the other ones pc then get the windows store to detect its installed similar to what steam can do where you...
  10. Windows Store Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Games: So I am having a huge issue with a game that was moved to a storage device that no longer exists...I keep trying to reinstall the game to another drive and it keeps giving me an error message as it it trying to repair the game on a storage device that doesn't exist. 98044