Windows 10: Game not launching

Discus and support Game not launching in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello . I have a issue with game here. It is Marine Heavy Gunner Vietnam. When i launch it , it does not open but it is running in background also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HiamLyngdoh, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Game not launching

Hello . I have a issue with game here.

It is Marine Heavy Gunner Vietnam. When i launch it , it does not open but it is running in background also showing it is 32 bit.

My pc -- windows 10 pro

:)

HiamLyngdoh, Apr 8, 2021

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Game not launching

I can't launch games

Hi,

There are several factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with launching games on Windows 10. Here's a list of the possible reasons:

• An outdated game version
    • Outdated Windows 10 OS
    • Corrupted game data
    • Software conflicts
    For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the games affected?
    • Are you using the physical copy or the digital version of the games? If you're using the digital version, may we know where did you download the games?
    • Are you encountering this issue when launching the games online or offline?
    If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, we recommend running the Windows apps troubleshooter. Click this

link
    to run this troubleshooter.

You may also check if there are updates available for the games by following the steps provided on this

link
    . Keeping the game version up-to-date can help resolve common issues with games on Windows 10.

Keep us posted with the progress. We're here to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Game not launching

1. Game not launching - Similar Threads - Game launching

2. Metro 2033 won't launch Epic Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metro 2033 won't launch Epic Games: Hello all, I have been trying to get metro 2003 redux to run. I have them on the epic store and have tried several things to fix the problem. I always get the same error. The error code says it is because of a missing file, but no clue which one that would be so everything I...
  3. BSOD when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when launching games: Team, Need some help with my pc. Since I installed the XBOX app on my windows 10 enterprise PC I have had certain issues with certain games. I can't play as the game will produce a BSOD. There is not enough time to check on the error message but today it has happened...
  4. How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?: I ask about DirectX because when I clicked to play Don't Starve for the first time (I used Linux, but I returned to Windows 10 a few months ago), it asked me to install DirectX. I clicked no, thinking I could just do that later, and now, the game doesn't launch. I Is this...
  5. Games won't launch on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games won't launch on PC: I recently bought PC Game Pass and, for some reason, some games will not launch. Donut County and Spiritfarer will not launch; however, the Halo Master Chief Collections does launch and work properly. It says there is a problem in the Microsoft Store for the two that won't...
  6. Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games downloaded from Microsoft Store will not launch: I have downloaded Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4 but neither will launch. When launched both just indefinitely show the cover art and do not show up in task manager. Reinstalling does not help....
  7. AGE OF EMPIRES 3 DEFINITIVE EDITION CAN'T LAUNCH game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AGE OF EMPIRES 3 DEFINITIVE EDITION CAN'T LAUNCH game pass: Im trying to play this game but nothing happening, when i press the play the logo with AOE pop up but nothing happening except that. I just updated the windows and my gpu but nothing happens again.. I check the task manager and the disk is not doing anything. im trying to run...
  8. Gaming UI hidden behind launched game effectivly blocking the game and freezing it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming UI hidden behind launched game effectivly blocking the game and freezing it: When i launch a game it gets a Gaming UI behind its window and blocks the game from being fully launched. i cant bring that window in front to click it. this happens everytime. [ATTACH]...
  9. I tried to launch a game I have but this: a red banner saying, "An administrator has...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I tried to launch a game I have but this: a red banner saying, "An administrator has...: It goes on to suggest, " for more info, contact the admin". Unfortunately, I am the admin for my small LAN so at this point, and I'll not sure what I should look at. What should I do next? TIA -...
  10. [question] turning off File Explorer while a game launch, but restore it when the game closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [question] turning off File Explorer while a game launch, but restore it when the game closes: I created a batch file on my desktop that will close file explorer and launch RandomGame_DX11.exe, however I'm not sure how to do the opposite, I don't know how run the same or another batch file upon RandomGam_DX11.exe process ends, nor do I think if viable to add a...