Windows 10: Game not running, possibly because of computer software.

Discus and support Game not running, possibly because of computer software. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to run a specific steam game, it cancels without giving an error message. I looked into event viewer, and found a recent error related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mattrockj, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Mattrockj Win User

Game not running, possibly because of computer software.

Whenever I try to run a specific steam game, it cancels without giving an error message. I looked into event viewer, and found a recent error related to the game in question:

Faulting application name: isaac-ng.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x606e40ea

Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x82dc99a2

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0009eddb

Faulting process id: 0x3b7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d73238efcf567f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\isaac-ng.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll

Report Id: 4d822278-1a11-40d4-836f-89160b7346c9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

This makes me think that ucrtbase.dll is causing the issue. This problem only started occurring recently, and I hadn't changed anything with the game or launcher. Any assistance with the issue would be much appreciated.

:)

Mattrockj, Apr 15, 2021

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Game not running, possibly because of computer software.

My computer always I run any game.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the PC, while playing games. In order to get clarity and to assist you further, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Which games you are playing prior to this issue?

However, we analysed the dump file that you have posted and it gives an indication of multiple system failure. In this scenario we would suggest you to perform these steps as this issue is occurring while playing games.

1. Press Windows + X, select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display device.
    3. Right click on all the listed devices, then select Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Click Ok and use the installer to install the driver.
    6. Restart the PC and install the video card driver from the manufacturer website.

We would also suggest you to perform the steps as mention in

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    article and check if the issue persists.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Game not running, possibly because of computer software.

1. Game not running, possibly because of computer software. - Similar Threads - Game running possibly

2. Chrome and Video Games Running Slow, Possibly Software-Related?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Video Games Running Slow, Possibly Software-Related?: Since earlier this year, my laptop has been running quite slowly on Google Chrome and my video games. While my laptop Dell XPS 15 9570 is not the greatest out there, it has been able to run fairly demanding games at ~60 FPS on medium settings. However, I have been having...
  3. Chrome and Video Games Running Slow, Possibly Software-Related?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Video Games Running Slow, Possibly Software-Related?: Since earlier this year, my laptop has been running quite slowly on Google Chrome and my video games. While my laptop Dell XPS 15 9570 is not the greatest out there, it has been able to run fairly demanding games at ~60 FPS on medium settings. However, I have been having...
  4. cannot download or run games because of error codes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot download or run games because of error codes: vcruntime140.dill or msvcp140.dll these error codes keep popping up causing me not to be able to download any games I need some help here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-or-run-games-because-of-error/b7565f84-7111-4613-948a-538703786946
  5. Possible software scam!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible software scam!!: Thought I had a virus so contacted who I thought was Microsoft, but these people say they are from Microsoft Azure. Could hardly understand them, but they signed into my computer to "Fix" the virus with Microsoft Azure for 5 yrs of Firewall and Lifetime Support. Is this...
  6. Is it possible to run software on Win 10 from older Win versions

Is it possible to run software on Win 10 from older Win versions: I have an old licensed design program that is from/for Windows 98....is it possible to run this on my current Windows 10 version in some way ?? If not what are my options or possibilities (if any) to use this program in today's PC world ?? Thanks... Current Windows Version...
  7. Can't install new software because previous installation still running

Can't install new software because previous installation still running: Every time I try to install a new software program, I get the message 'Cannot install this program because another installation is running'. Now you realize that I'm not going to keep installing the same program over and over, and especially if the first installation is still...
  8. Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game stuck on loading screen because of possible scheduled tasks: Hello, I've been playing Runes of Magic for a few months now. Everything is fine except when Windows 10 installs a new update. I either have to reinstall the game or rollback to the previous version of Windows. The problem I am having is every 12 midnight and 8...
  9. Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?: Hi everyone. My name is David. I have built my first computer this week but I have encountered a persistent problem. I have not done any overclocking because i do not know how. Anyways, My computer would randomly restart during and out of gaming, without warning. the games...
  10. Computer running slowly (possibly because of process 'WmiApSrv.exe')

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer running slowly (possibly because of process 'WmiApSrv.exe'): Hey, Seemingly out of nowhere for the past week my computer's been running very slowly when it comes to low intensity games / browsing. Specifically whenever I open a flash game my browser freezes. And whenever I'm playing WoW and there's like 20+ people on the screen it...