Windows 10: Game not saving where I stopped playing

Discus and support Game not saving where I stopped playing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The Word Twister game is not saving to the spot where I left off and I have to replay previous solved puzzles. This just recently started happening. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chasbo310, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Chasbo310 Win User

Game not saving where I stopped playing

The Word Twister game is not saving to the spot where I left off and I have to replay previous solved puzzles. This just recently started happening. I purposely left the game open for play thinking it was a timing issue for saving to the spot where I left off. That did not work, is there a solution to resolving this issue? Thanks

:)

Chasbo310, Feb 2, 2020

2. games do not save on windows 10

Hi Nasribrahim,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• How are you trying to play or save games?
    • What happens when you try to save?
    • What and all steps have you tried?
    Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 2, 2020
  3. resident evil 5 run good but game is not able to save howbi can save game

Hi,

If you're playing the game online while you're signed in with your Microsoft account, the game progress should automatically save to the cloud. Otherwise, there may be an interruption with the game server or an incorrect account configuration preventing
    the game progress from syncing. To gain more clarity of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to play the game online or offline?
    • Is your device connected to a wired or a wireless network?
    • Were you able to save your game progress before?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app and the game?
    • Have you tried playing other games to check if you can save the progress?
    Meanwhile, kindly perform the following steps to make sure that your device is connected to the Internet:

• Click Start then select Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • Check if you can see You're connected to the Internet under
      Network status

Catherine Cus., Feb 2, 2020
  4. Game not saving where I stopped playing

game scores and game progress

Hello,

To assist you further I would like to ask if you are playing the game online or from desktop.

If the game is installed and you are playing from the desktop, the issue might be caused due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game from the game developers website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the
      game and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Game not saving where I stopped playing

1. Game not saving where I stopped playing - Similar Threads - Game saving where

2. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  3. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop games saving to OneDrive?: All my games are saving to my OneDrive documents folder. How do I stop this? I want my actual documents such as PDF and Word to be synced with OneDrive, but not my games, which should only be saved locally and don't belong in the documents folder at any rate....
  4. How to stop games saving to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Games have suddenly stopped saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games have suddenly stopped saving: Hi, I'm hoping someone can tell me why my games have stopped saving all of a sudden. As far as I know nothing has changed on my computer other than an update a short while ago. None of my installed games save my progress anymore, including on my Big Fish Game Manager. I have...
  6. Games have suddenly stopped saving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games have suddenly stopped saving: Hi, I'm hoping someone can tell me why my games have stopped saving all of a sudden. As far as I know nothing has changed on my computer other than an update a short while ago. None of my installed games save my progress anymore, including on my Big Fish Game Manager. I have...
  7. Where is the save data for my GamePass game?

Where is the save data for my GamePass game?: I recently bought Yakuza Kiwami on Steam from the winter sale after playing a chunk of the game from GamePass, however I wanted to transfer my save from my GamePass version to my Steam copy. Where would I find the save data for that game? And what would it be named, even?...
  8. Changing where Game DVR Captures save to

Changing where Game DVR Captures save to: I have been using the game dvr a lot since I got my new PC, but just recently got an external hard drive and tried to move the Captures folder to it, but ever since it just saves the loose files to the drive itself, not in any folders. In capture settings it just says "Save...
  9. Play any where Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play any where Games: I just got a Pc and was wondering if I could download my Xbox games onto my pc. Can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/play-any-where-games/d0d405f5-6866-49b9-8f1b-159feb368429
  10. Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "save" folder for Window Store games: My new machine shipped today, (!!!!!YAY!!!!!!), and should be here soon. My question : is there a folder/file I can save to a flash drive that will save my progress in a game? I've played this one silly little Tower defense game ,BTD5, for years now. First online then I...