Windows 10: Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game

Discus and support Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there! Some friends of mine and I decided to play Sea of Thieves on the computer, all of them installed the game with no problems at all, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GParfan, Jan 24, 2020.

1. GParfan Win User

Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game

Hi there!

Some friends of mine and I decided to play Sea of Thieves on the computer, all of them installed the game with no problems at all, but when i searched for "Sea of Thieves" at the Microsoft Store search bar the only result i got was "Sea of Thieves Insider".

Obs.: Everyone has a Game Pass PC signature.

I tried to install the game directly from the Web Page and it redirects me to the Microsoft Store page of the game, but it says that the game isn't available. Through the Xbox Beta App i can find the game at the search bar, but when I click install, it gives me an error. error code: 0x803f8001. When i try to install the Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition, the error shown is the 0x803fb107.

This is the only game which this error occurs, any other game from the Game Pass can be found and installed at the Microsoft Store without any issues.

Some actions I tried to do to solve the problem:

1. Checked my Windows Update it's updated.

2. Restarted my PC multiple times.

3. Installed any Free Apps to see if I could install the game after that.

4. Checked my C+ Redistributable Package.

5. Logged off other accounts at the Microsoft Store.

6. Contacted the Sea of Thieves Support. They told me that a new version of the Windows Update should fix my problem, did not work.

Also contacted the Xbox and the Windows Support, some actions taken by them:

1. Checked my Windows Update.

2. Repaired my Microsoft Store.

3. Re-installed Xbox Beta App.

4. Did some stuff in some Prompts can't actually tell what they were doing.

5. Checked if I own the Windows 10s version which I don't.

I started the installation of other Game Pass PC games some of them are heavier, to see if the error would occur, and after a successful start of installation, I canceled it. The only game i'm struggling with is the Sea of Thieves as far as I know.

Does anyone have any idea about what could be happening?

"Sea of Thieves" error code: 0x803f8001.

"Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition" error code: 0x803fb107.

:)

GParfan, Jan 24, 2020

2. Microsoft Store installation list is not showing up, Unable to install game.

Hello,

I have a issue with my PC not showing up in Microsoft Store install list, when I want to install a game. The thing that confuses me is that, when I log into Microsoft account and look under devices, I can see my PC and laptop there. But when I want to install
    the game, it only shows the laptop device.

I have tried many things already.

• I am logged in with Microsoft account into the PC,
    • I restarted the PC many times,
    • When I run the Microsoft Store troubleshooter it says: "Can't connect to the sync service",
    • I tried this in CMD as admin: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, SFC /scannow,
    • my PC has latest updates,
    • all the sync settings are enabled.

The game I'm trying to install is Forza Motorsport 7, there is a free trial.

Thanks for the help

***Modified Title from: My PC is not showing in the Microsoft Store install list***

JanVerderber, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Dave1776 Win User
    Microsoft Store error in GAMES

Hi

Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to resolve it.

Of all the store areas this error is ONLY in the games section. All games refuse to display the game info page I can get the general page that shows all the games in grid format but when I click on a game to pull up the info for the game and potentially download it it pops up with the below error.

Happens for all games both paid and free games. All other sections books and apps and devices and other things load just fine no issues!

Thanks
    Dave

Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game [​IMG]

Dave1776, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game

1. Game not showing up at Microsoft Store / Error installing the game - Similar Threads - Game showing Microsoft

2. Games on Microsoft Store will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on Microsoft Store will not install: I purchased the Halo Master Chief Collection on the Microsoft Store, but am having trouble installing the game. Whenever I click "Install," it brings up a window to select a hard drive with enough space. Once I select an acceptable hard drive, the window disappears and...
  3. Microsoft store not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games: Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and...
  4. Game Not Showing In Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Not Showing In Microsoft Store: A couple of months ago I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator. Since then I had to do a fresh install of windows 10 due to issues with settings and Microsoft store not opening and I can not see the game anymore but I still see Minecraft is installed. Because to lazy to log into...
  5. Microsoft Store Game not showing up as downloaded.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Game not showing up as downloaded.: Yesterday I used the move feature in windows 10 add or remove programs to move a game forza horizon over to my new drive with windows 10 installed in it. This worked and I checked if forza was in the windowsappfolder and it was. The game doesn't show up as downloaded in the...
  6. Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.: I've been playing Sea of Thieves a game from the Microsoft Store for a while now, but after resetting my PC because of other problems, I can't download the game. The problem is that whenever I tried to press the install button, it just goes gray for a short bit then goes back...
  7. game doens't show up in the libary of microsoft store app .

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game doens't show up in the libary of microsoft store app .: Hello, today i bought Forza horizon 4 in the microsoft store browser. in the browser it says i bought the game and i am owner of forza horizon 4. but when i want to install the game, it want's me to redirect me to the microsoft store app. but when i am redirected, the game...
  8. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...
  9. Microsoft Store error in GAMES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store error in GAMES: Hi Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to resolve it. Of all the store areas this error is ONLY in the games section. All games refuse to display the game info page I can get the general page that shows all the games in grid format but when I click on a game to...
  10. Microsoft Store error in GAMES

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store error in GAMES: Hi Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to resolve it. Of all the store areas this error is ONLY in the games section. All games refuse to display the game info page I can get the general page that shows all the games in grid format but when I click on a game to...