Windows 10: Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

Discus and support Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to run a game Minecraft Java Edition with the high performance GPU in my laptop instead of the integrated GPU, but no matter what settings I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BobVonBob, Feb 12, 2021.

1. BobVonBob Win User

Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

I'm trying to run a game Minecraft Java Edition with the high performance GPU in my laptop instead of the integrated GPU, but no matter what settings I change it still runs on the iGPU.

What I've tried:

• Changing "Graphics performance preference" for the Minecraft launcher, javaw.exe the executable that's actually run when the game launches, and java.exe just in case to high performance.
    • Changing my JRE version normally I use OpenJDK, but I tried Oracle Java while also setting it to high performance in the "Graphics performance preference" settings.
    • Nvidia control panel, it no longer works as it said it wouldn't.

Does anyone know a fix? A workaround? Perhaps a way of forcing every app to run on the high performance GPU?

:)

BobVonBob, Feb 12, 2021

2. having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Secondary GPU not appearing in graphics settings.

Hi,

I just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as far as I know everything went well, then after I wanted to launch a game.

When I wanted to launch a game, it will use my integrated graphics and not my graphics card. I am suppose to run it on my AMD Radeon HD 8670M but when change the setting to "High Performance", it will still use my Integrated GPU. When I was still using windows
    7, this is fine.

And when I go to 'graphics settings" the only graphics card option it has is only my integrated graphics card.

What supposed to appear: Power Saving

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8330

High Performance

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8670M

I installed the latest drivers I could find which is from 9/9/2020.

Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings 4d31c52b-c32f-4699-aeb1-4583c56242ba?upload=true.png

Syazrell Radzein, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

Power Saving Gpu and High Performance gpu are same (Showing Intel r HD graphics in Both)

have 2 Gpus Intel r HD graphics and Nvidia 310m but there it is showing only Intel r Hd graphics in both power saving and high performance gpu. I have added those application I want to run in nvidia control
    panel to use nvidia gpu but when i open them it still lag and i dont think it is using nvidia's Gpu, I decided to search the internet and found nothing but graphics setting to choose a gpu for an application to run but there it is showing Intel r hd Graphics
    in both. Can anyone fix it ?? My PC Specs

1. Processor- Intel i3 m370
    2. Integrated Gpu (Intel)- Intel r HD Graphics
    3. Nvidia Gpu- Nvidia 310m
    4. OS- Windows 10 1909 Pro x64
    5. Ram- 4 GB
    Feel free to ask me other things about this.

Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings e563d99a-ab82-4ace-b979-753ceb1a6421?upload=true.png

Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings d7760a91-0ac4-4e18-b313-53c491bb9302?upload=true.png

[Vishal_Pandey], Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

1. Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings - Similar Threads - Game Using High

2. Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings: Hello,I open this question as I have a persistant problem of integrated GPU selected instead of the dedicated GPU when I play games on my Laptop :CPU : IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHzRAM : 16 GBIntegrated GPU : IntelR HD Graphics 630Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA...
  3. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  4. High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics

High Performance GPU Stuck as Integrated Graphics: On my laptop, my high performance GPU is set as Radeon graphics instead of GTX 1650, and I cannot be bothered to select a specific GPU every time I install something that requires GPU horsepower. Does anyone have a solution to this?Thanks...
  5. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences: I currently have two gpus in my system, a GTX 1080 primary and an RX570 secondary. I would like to use my primary gpu for playing games and my secondary gpu for other tasks using graphics performance preferences but only my 1080 is showing up in the options. I have drivers...
  6. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences: I currently have two gpus in my system, a GTX 1080 primary and an RX570 secondary. I would like to use my primary gpu for playing games and my secondary gpu for other tasks using graphics performance preferences but only my 1080 is showing up in the options. I have drivers...
  7. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

8. I can't see my dedicated GPU under the high performance button in graphics settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my dedicated GPU under the high performance button in graphics settings.: Hello, I have a Lenovo G570 laptop with windows 10 pro and Dual graphics cards which are Intel HD 3000 integrated and AMD Radeon HD 6300M Series dedicated. I've been trying to fix this from a long time but I could not find a proper fix so please help me! I wanted to use my...
  9. I can't use my high performance GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't use my high performance GPU: I use a laptop, there are 2 video cards, external and internal, external Nvidia GT540M and internal, Intel Hd 3000. I couldn't use my GT540M graphics card, it shows Intel's graphics card as my high performance graphics card. My GT540M graphics card is shown as working...
  10. How to set high performance gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set high performance gpu: How do I set the high performance gpu in windows. I want to set my rx 580 as the high performance gpu but my 570 is set to high performance and I just want to know how to chance it. submitted by /u/JacobDoesLife [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu settings for integrated does it have high performance