Windows 10: Game opens on new account but not main account

Discus and support Game opens on new account but not main account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Rocket League (game on Steam) won't launch while using main Windows Account, but a Guest Account can launch the game just fine. Really unsure on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bigpacket, Feb 19, 2019.

1. bigpacket Win User

Game opens on new account but not main account

Rocket League (game on Steam) won't launch while using main Windows Account, but a Guest Account can launch the game just fine.

Really unsure on how to fix this.

:)

bigpacket, Feb 19, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Game opens on new account but not main account :(

Zakin, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Game opens on new account but not main account - Similar Threads - Game opens account

2. Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account: Hi,So I've been playing a game Skyrim, no mods for a while now but I have this weird issue that has never been solved. So here's the situation:- Once I hit play the game begins running on window mode. Once I hit start a new game, along with the sound effect confirming the...
  3. Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashes on main account administrator but works on new local account: Hi,So I've been playing a game Skyrim, no mods for a while now but I have this weird issue that has never been solved. So here's the situation:- Once I hit play the game begins running on window mode. Once I hit start a new game, along with the sound effect confirming the...
  4. WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMR Not Working In Main Account, But Is On Secondary Account: Hello,Previously many months ago in my main user account I have been able to play in Windows Mixed Reality with a VR headset no problem. Last week I launched WMR to play in VR and nothing appeared on the headset or in WMR, no cliffhouse. I decided to uninstall and reinstall...
  5. Delete Main Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Main Account: hello,i got a new device, and set it up with a temporary account while i recovered my old one. now, i finally have my other account set up as admin. i no longer want the other account, but the system wont let me delete it or remove it. i want it gone as soon as possible,...
  6. Main account not working but guest account working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Main account not working but guest account working: My main user account is hanging and seems to "refresh" after some time but is not responsive to any clicks and none of the icons are loading either. Another guest account is working just fine. I tried resolving the issue by opening safe mode but the same issue persists in...
  7. I want to make an account the main account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to make an account the main account: So I got a PC that used to be my brother’s and my mom said I can’t remove his account from the PC. I want my Microsoft account to be the main account on the PC, but I can’t remove his account. How do I do so? submitted by /u/Marcapwier64 [link] [comments]...
  8. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  9. Remove main account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove main account: I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?...
  10. new account opened

in Browsers and Email
    new account opened: I opened a new account for my wife in windows 10. she is now getting her emails under her account login so can i delete her email from my login? 105869