Windows 10: Game over-scanning

Discus and support Game over-scanning in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there anything can be done about sizing of games apps in Windows 10? Shown below is how the top right corner of the screen looks when I start a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mart44, Nov 15, 2015.

1. mart44 Win User

Game over-scanning

Is there anything can be done about sizing of games apps in Windows 10? Shown below is how the top right corner of the screen looks when I start a game called 'Nightmares from the Deep'. When I click the full-screen button, the game correctly resizes to get rid of the Title Bar and fill the Window.

Game over-scanning [​IMG]

'Nightmares from the Deep 2' behaves differently though. When the same button is clicked, the game doesn't resize correctly. It ends up being too big for the screen.

Game over-scanning [​IMG]

The games were purchased from the Windows Store and both were the correct full-screen size running in Windows 8.1.

The monitor is set to its native resolution (1920 x 1080). The graphics card is a GeForce GTX-650 with the latest driver installed. Both games are by 'Artifex Mundi'. Is this just something I might have to get used to? Could it be a fault or a bug?

'Nightmares from the Deep 2' can be played with the Title Bar and Taskbar showing but I'd rather it went properly full-screen as 'Nightmares from the Deep' does.

Thanks

Mart

:)

mart44, Nov 15, 2015
  2. psytag Win User

Windows 10 Firewall and Defender problems

Problem: windows 10 firewall and defender is interfering with a steam game (Killing Floor 2) leading into bad ping in game (over 300, irrespective of in game graphical setting or server used) making the game unplayable. The game support told me that this
    was do to an antivirus program that is scanning the game. I uninstalled my antivirus and I tried marking the program as allowed in the firewall and do not scan in the defender and it doesn't work. The temporary solution i found is to keep the firewall and
    defender turned of in order to play the game with confirms it. Please fix.

psytag, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Port Scanned over and over... and dasHost.exe

Hi,

Since this is a third-party application, your best resort is to contact
    Bit Defender support
    to assist you better. You should be in good hands with their team of experts.

Regards.

Monica Cam, Nov 15, 2015
  4. MrNeeds Win User

Game over-scanning

You should be able to resize manually if the monitor isn't showing the right scale to fit your screen, most of the time your monitor will have an automatic scale option, but I believe that's only with Analog connections, Digital should fit itself, but if it doesn't you can use the Nvidia control panel to manually resize, just right click the desktop and go to Nvidia control panel, on the left you'll see an option for adjust desktop size and position, the first tab will have an option to override games and other apps resizing themselves, the second tab in there should be size, enable manual resizing if the issue wasn't fixed with the first step.

MrNeeds, Nov 16, 2015
  5. mart44 Win User
    Thanks MrNeeds - I tried your suggestion. What happened was that, although the Window resized, the game resized with it. The result being that the game was still as shown in the screenshot above but with the display not filling the monitor screen. It looks like something I might have to live with when running the game on W.10.

Thanks again *Smile

Mart

mart44, Nov 16, 2015
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    Is your display set to the correct resolution? My screen for example is at 1920x1080 and sometimes setting it to 1366x768 doesn't fit the screen correctly, might need to see what your monitor is rated for and see if that resolution is available.

MrNeeds, Nov 16, 2015
  7. mart44 Win User
    Yes the display is set to the monitor's native resolution of 1920 x 1080. Maybe it's something to do with the game itself, although it seems peculiar that the earlier 'Nightmares from the Deep' is OK when the later game 'Nightmares from the Deep 2' isn't.

mart44, Nov 17, 2015
  8. MrNeeds Win User

Game over-scanning

I'm sure there's some sort of trickery to get it to resize properly, alt+enter might be an option, it'll force windowed and full screen modes and hopefully try to kick itself into size.

MrNeeds, Nov 17, 2015
  9. batlhilz Win User
    set your display (if its TV) to a PC mode. or did you outrule the overscanning problem already?

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Game over-scanning

1. Game over-scanning - Similar Threads - Game scanning

2. BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...: Hi, randomly as of today I am having horrendous issues with BSOD. I can browse the web just fine, but seemingly anything remotely taxing or even downloading anything such as NVIDIA driver updates will result in a BSOD. I've analyzed every minidump and cannot for the life of...
  3. BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every time I try and scan with Malwarebytes, launch a game, or even reset windows or...: Hi, randomly as of today I am having horrendous issues with BSOD. I can browse the web just fine, but seemingly anything remotely taxing or even downloading anything such as NVIDIA driver updates will result in a BSOD. I've analyzed every minidump and cannot for the life of...
  4. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...: WARNING; you might get a headache.Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i7 12700K to an i9 14900KF and had to perform a clean install of Windows 11 due to boot issues. However, I'm now facing multiple recurring problems with my PC, including random BSODs, problems with...
  5. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...: WARNING; you might get a headache.Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU from an i7 12700K to an i9 14900KF and had to perform a clean install of Windows 11 due to boot issues. However, I'm now facing multiple recurring problems with my PC, including random BSODs, problems with...
  6. Encountering Random BSODs During General Use, system scans sfc /scannow and DISM , Gaming,...

7. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  8. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  9. Preventing windows defender from scanning games that contain EasyAntiCheat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing windows defender from scanning games that contain EasyAntiCheat: So I have come to the conclusion that Easyanticheat freaks out and blue screens my PC when its being scanned by antivirus's including windows defender, so how can I prevent these games from being scanned? Most prevalent being Fortnite.Additional question but not needing an...
  10. Preventing windows defender from scanning games that contain EasyAntiCheat

Preventing windows defender from scanning games that contain EasyAntiCheat: So I have come to the conclusion that Easyanticheat freaks out and blue screens my PC when its being scanned by antivirus's including windows defender, so how can I prevent these games from being scanned? Most prevalent being Fortnite.Additional question but not needing an...