Windows 10: Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS

Discus and support Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey all, Had installed and uninstalled Gears 5 with no issues. After updating the app yesterday, if I try and install the game, the app reads my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Toker1975, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Toker1975 Win User

Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS

Hey all,

Had installed and uninstalled Gears 5 with no issues. After updating the app yesterday, if I try and install the game, the app reads my D: drive as NTFS, when it isn't. Had MS guys have a look through remote access, they couldn't find anything, but got me to do a refresh install, to no avail. This is occurring on a few Game Pass app games now too...

:)

Toker1975, Oct 9, 2019

2. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 9, 2019
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS

1. Game Pass for PC reckons my D: drive is not NTFS - Similar Threads - Game Pass reckons

2. Game Pass games disappeared from my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Pass games disappeared from my PC: Hi there,I created a ticket a couple of months ago, about the same issue, and it happens now every 30-60 days.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-games-disappeared-overnight-from-my/e40b6371-d884-47e3-948a-cb1b973fc9ceBasically every game...
  3. Game pass for pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game pass for pc: So i got game pass recently and everything is working fine besides one thing. When I wanted to download Spore it would start downloading stay at 0% for a few seconds then go back to saying “download”. I’ve tried multiple times and restarted my pc a few since then and it still...
  4. Game pass PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Game pass PC: For some reason it won't let me search for a location to install games, which in turn means I cannot install any new games.Does anyone know what is happening? Or have a fix for this?...
  5. Game Pass On PC

Game Pass On PC: Why is it more limited then xbox. for example how come xbox gets outriders on the pass but not pc when the game is also out on pc?? why should i pay as much as someone on console getting more choice then myself...
  6. Game pass pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass pc: Can not install any game just keep getting error and its not my lap top and the error message is not listed:?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-pc/9469bf4b-0139-42b9-8c1a-85f51d6eccf8
  7. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  8. PC game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC game pass: Me and a friend are trying to download state of decay 2 on pc game pass and its stuck at 17.52 MB for both of us is there any way we can get it to download,it only seems to be on this specific game...
  9. Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select my d: drive to install games

Xbox Game Pass for PC Beta - Can't select my d: drive to install games: I recently bought the game pass for my pc, but it has a small internal hdd so I normally download apps to my portable hdd and it is selected for all app downloads. When I try to download a game from the game pass only the c: drive shows and not d:.[ATTACH]...
  10. pc game pass

pc game pass: i have game pass but cant download any games from it, error something on there end it says everytime and been like this since I bought it a few days ago any1 else having this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shadow game pass ntfs allocation

2. pc game pass cant install ntfs

3. game pass requires ntfs parttion

4. gears 5 ntfs,
  5. ntfs windows game pass,
  6. xbox game pass canot install drive not ntfs