Windows 10: Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows...

Discus and support Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok, so I'll be brief. I am on version 1803 of Windows 10. I want to play Mutant Year Zero on my Game Pass Account, however to install I must be on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LordStarHobo, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows...

Ok, so I'll be brief. I am on version 1803 of Windows 10. I want to play Mutant Year Zero on my Game Pass Account, however to install I must be on version 1903. No problem I think to myself. I go ahead with the update to my OS. Several hours later, I am checking over my system to make sure the update didn't break anything. Everything looks good. But no sound. I have absolutely no sound coming from my sound card. This is really irritating. I went ahead and tried several steps to get the sound card working under 1903. Nothing would work at all. I updated drivers, I downloaded beta drivers. I changed system settings. I messed with just about everything I could possibly think of messing with. Not a thing worked. Ultimately, I had to roll back to version 1803.

My CPU is a 9700k, my GPU is a 2080, I have roughly 6.5TB of SSD Storage and 32GB of RAM.

My sound card, which I am certain is the culprit is a Sound Blaster X AE-5. It works wonderfully on 1803, I am not sure what it is Microsoft has done to render the card a waste of space in 1903, but between Microsoft and Creative, it would seem I am SOL on that front.

My big gripe and concern though: WHY do I need to be on 1903 to play the game? There is no reason for that. I could go and purchase the game on Steam and play the game straight away with no issues. This is going to be especially troublesome for me when there are some new releases I am especially looking forward to, such as the Outer Worlds, which will surely require I be on the most current OS available.

My question is why is the store this way? Is there a way to bypass the requirement? Why is the requirement there in the first place, when it is very much not necessary for any reason? I pay the subscription to the service, I know how to read system requirements, why is Microsoft adding an additional and pointless requirement to this whole ordeal?

Truly I would like to understand the reasoning behind this, I am certain there is a reason, I just cannot seem to figure that one out. Its not like you are going to get more money from me by pushing me a free update.

:)

LordStarHobo, Aug 13, 2019

2. Games?

Hi Trinity,

If a game is not available on Windows 10, this could be due to one of the following reasons:

• Game is not compatible on Windows 10.
    • There's a new version of the game.
    • The game is not available in your region.
    • The game was removed from the marketplace.
    To see if the game is compatible with your device, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to find out if a game will work on Windows 10.

You may try searching for the newer version of the game through the Windows Store or the Microsoft Store website. For your reference regarding the list of games that you may download, check out this

link

If the game is not available on your current region, we suggest that you access this

link
    and follow the steps on how to change your region for Windows Store.

See
    Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?
    for more information.

If the game was removed from Windows 10 and Xbox Marketplace, you may submit a request to add this game using the

Windows 10 Feedback Hub
    . Currently, our developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Windows 10 gaming experience.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional assistance.

Catherine Cus., Aug 13, 2019
  3. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 13, 2019
  4. Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows...

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows...

1. Game Pass Game requires a newer version of windows... - Similar Threads - Game Pass Game

2. game pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game pass: Hi everyone,I have redeem 5$ Xbox gift card today because I need to subscribe to game pass by it.but I can't subscribe to game pass by it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass/0316fe2b-86d6-49dc-b649-b84157b25c8a
  3. game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game pass: Hi everyone,I have redeem 5$ Xbox gift card today because I need to subscribe to game pass by it.but I can't subscribe to game pass by it. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass/0316fe2b-86d6-49dc-b649-b84157b25c8a
  4. game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  6. DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX 9 required for a game while newer version is installed.: Hi everyone,I have just bought Red Alert 3 - Uprising game from EA and downloaded it successfully but can not launch it.It shows up a message that requires DirectX 9 while I already have DirectX 12 on my windows 10.The laptop specifications Core i7, RAM: 16 GB satisfy minimum...
  7. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  8. Game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass: I have xbox game pass ultimate for my xbox. My son has a gaming PC and i tried to log in to the game pass app on his PC but i have been asked for a microsoft PIN. I do not have a PIN. How do i get one for my microsoft account or how do i reset it? I can't get one by going...
  9. Game Pass

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Game Pass: So I got Discord Nitro and I tried activating the code I got and it says this: Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page. Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different...
  10. No DLSS with FF15 Game Pass Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No DLSS with FF15 Game Pass Version: Hi everyone. I took the game on PC with the Game Pass but I don't have the DLSS option in anti-aliasing. Yet I have an RTX2080 with my pilots are OKand I play in 4K. I did the manipulation to the config files. I have the DLSS to note in the options but I have the impression...