Windows 10: Game Pass Games Don't Install

Discus and support Game Pass Games Don't Install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to solve this issue. Xbox Game Pass games (like Gears of War 5) which require "Administrator Approval"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scapegoat_167, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Game Pass Games Don't Install

Hi,

For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to solve this issue. Xbox Game Pass games (like Gears of War 5) which require "Administrator Approval" fail to install with code 0x800700c1.

I have tried just about everything you could imagine.

Install game through Windows Store

Reinstall Xbox Game Pass

Enable UAC

Windows Updates

Make new User account

Change user account settings

Windows Upgrade tool

Changed a bunch of windows settings

Played around with some folder, file, and registry permissions

Reinstalled Windows

etc

What I have noticed is that before installing an "Administrator Approval" game, the Xbox App (or Windows Store) tries to install "Gaming Services." I believe that this is the component that is failing.

When installing Gaming Services through the Xbox App it fails with the same error 0x800700c1

When installing Gaming Services through the Windows Store it "succeeds" (suspiciously downloads and installs really fast) and then the games give the error 0x800700c1. Looking at Windows Services and tasks, I never see "Gaming Services" running. (yes, I have tried this troubleshooting guide many, many times: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/troubleshoot-games-windows-10)

Please let me know if you have any ideas

:)

Scapegoat_167, Sep 14, 2019
  2. arassami Win User

don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, Sep 25, 2019
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Game Pass Games Don't Install

Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Game Pass Games Don't Install

1. Game Pass Games Don't Install - Similar Threads - Game Pass Games

2. Game Pass not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass not installing: Hi, I am trying to get access to my games that I purchased on Xbox live. I have the Ultimate Game Pass, but it will never finish installing actually, it appears to never move pass 0% installed. Additionally, when I try to grab games from the Microsoft store, it tells me the...
  3. game don't recognize gamepad game pass pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game don't recognize gamepad game pass pc: My gamepad fightin stick 4 it doesn't working on Power Ranger: Battle of grid. I know it's a ps4 pad, but I never has problems with another games in pc, when other game don't recognize the joystick I use the x360ce to emulate a xbox controller. But the game pass games are...
  4. Issue installing game pass game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue installing game pass game: I installed Age of Empires 2 from the pc game pass, went to load it and it wouldnt play, instead just asking permission for Microsoft Store package dependency. So i uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it for it to only not install. Im currently stuck now in a loop. I...
  5. PC Game Pass and Game Installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Game Pass and Game Installation: There is a few games that are available with the pass that I am not able to download. The install button will be greyed and when I click on "Install on this device" the Microsoft store will tell me I don't have any devices linked to my account. I have this issue with Gears 5,...
  6. Can't install game pass pc games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install game pass pc games: Bought the pc game pass and wanted to install outer worlds but when i put my mouse cursor over the install button my cursor turns into a red cross and i cant install the game and its the same with all the game pass games....
  7. Xbox game Pass PC not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game Pass PC not installing games: I am trying to install games from the xbox Game Pass app on PC and it keeps saying that my drive must be formatted in NTFS. Well, both my D: and E: drives have been formatted to this since I got my PC a couple months ago. It seems like no matter what I do I cannot install...
  8. Can't install games with game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install games with game pass: When I try to install some games from the store available with the game pass, the install button is greyed out. How do I download these games? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games-with-game-pass/98acdb61-3939-4c5e-837f-6393c44f5eb2
  9. Some games don't launch on PC Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some games don't launch on PC Game Pass: I joined Gamepass Ultimate Beta after E3 presentation. I downloaded some games and some of them work and others just flashes the launch screen for a second and stops. No error message and no explanation at all. Void Bastards, Halo: Spartan Strike, Hollow Knight or Into the...
  10. Not able to install games from game pass.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install games from game pass.: I recently added the Game Pass 14 day trial to my account. It's pretty good and has decent games for it's small price, though I can't install any of the game included. It only shows me an option to "install on my devices" and when I click on it, the message appears, "it looks...