Windows 10: Game Pass games don't let me alt-tab properly

Discus and support Game Pass games don't let me alt-tab properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I alt-tab out of a game i'm playing via the PC Game Pass, it's locking my mouse so I can't use it to browse or select menus. How do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ASterlini, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ASterlini Win User

Game Pass games don't let me alt-tab properly

Whenever I alt-tab out of a game i'm playing via the PC Game Pass, it's locking my mouse so I can't use it to browse or select menus. How do I fix this?

:)

ASterlini, Sep 27, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Mr Garkaz Win User

Alt tab not minimising some games?

Yeah, what you're saying with alt tab to take you out of the game to the browser you have open is what used to happen with all my games and still does happen with a few of them. It's not that that doesn't happen, it's that the game is still very much not
    minimised in the background when it used to do that on an alt tab.

Just to clarify - if you alt tab out of a full screen game to a window that's
    not
    covering your entire wallpaper (i.e not maximised), is the game minimised? Or is the game still visually running in the background for you, blocking your view of the wallpaper?

I have somewhat worked around it by launching all my games on a second virtual desktop, I just didn't know if there was a setting somewhere I've accidentally changed that caused it to start doing this.

Mr Garkaz, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Game Pass games don't let me alt-tab properly - Similar Threads - Game Pass games

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. Game Pass wont let me resubscribe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass wont let me resubscribe?: I keep trying to renew my subscription that randomly cancelled, but it keeps saying my payment declined. I tried multiple cards that are all functioning. When I try to fix it through the gamepass PC app, the page with the button that says "fix it now" doesn't do anything....
  4. Game Pass wont let me resubscribe?

Game Pass wont let me resubscribe?: I keep trying to renew my subscription that randomly cancelled, but it keeps saying my payment declined. I tried multiple cards that are all functioning. When I try to fix it through the gamepass PC app, the page with the button that says "fix it now" doesn't do anything....
  5. game pass not letting me play any game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game pass not letting me play any game: got the monthly pass and it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-not-letting-me-play-any-game/8e623862-b17f-4298-90c6-cf9662a7693e
  6. game pass not letting me play any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game pass not letting me play any game: got the monthly pass and it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-not-letting-me-play-any-game/8e623862-b17f-4298-90c6-cf9662a7693e
  7. game pass not letting me play any game

8. Xbox games Pass Pc wont let me install games

Xbox games Pass Pc wont let me install games: So I just purchased the game pass for pc and went to install Europa Universalis. The only problem is the install button is non-interact-able. It's completely grayed out and I can't even click on it. So I looked at some other games, and some I can install and others I can't....
  9. Xbox game pass ultimate games not letting me install

Xbox game pass ultimate games not letting me install: Hi, i just purchased Xbox game pass live ultimate and when i went to install games such as The Outer Worlds it does not let me install the game even though i have the game pass live ultimate. It shows this https://gyazo.com/206c685698a4e0a4b8f2ff2d693962a8 . Though some games...
  10. Game Pass Games Don't Install

Game Pass Games Don't Install: Hi, For the past 2 weeks I have been trying to solve this issue. Xbox Game Pass games (like Gears of War 5) which require "Administrator Approval" fail to install with code 0x800700c1. I have tried just about everything you could imagine. Install game through Windows...