Windows 10: Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it?

Discus and support Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every game I have installed via Game Pass PC continues running in the background even after I close the game. I can't end the task via task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by retrobit64, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it?

Every game I have installed via Game Pass PC continues running in the background even after I close the game. I can't end the task via task manager and exiting the Xbox App doesn't do anything. I have tried Windows Updates, setting the Xbox App to shut down but yet nothing works besides restarting my computer every single time I wanna play something like Skyrim. This is unnecessarily using up, at times, a lot of RAM.I seem to be the only person having this issue which makes things worse. Can anyone please help me?

:)

retrobit64, Aug 7, 2021

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 7, 2021
  4. Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it?

PC game pass

Hi NLH1

I'm Wilfredo S an Independent Advisor

I can suggest the following directly from the xbox support page

Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10

RESTART YOUR PC

As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

ERROR MESSAGE

If there’s a download error, first try downloading again.

If the installation keeps failing, in most cases you’ll see an error code with a message. These are generally 10-character codes that start with “0x.” For example, 0xC03F7003.

FOR GAME PASS GAMES, CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR PLAN

To install games from Xbox Game Pass, you must have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) plan.

Make sure you’re signed in to Microsoft Store and/or the Xbox (Beta) app—whichever you’re installing from.

Make sure your Xbox Game Pass membership is current by signing in and checking the status.

Make sure your PC is online. If needed, see Fix network connection issues in Windows.

Source>>
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/t...

I hope it helps you

Wilfredo_Soto, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it?

1. Game Pass PC game still running and background after closing it? - Similar Threads - Game Pass game

2. All PC Game pass games just closes after opening them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All PC Game pass games just closes after opening them: Here is the issue. 1. When opening game pass games, Persona 5 Royal, Life is strange true colors, I can see for a second that their application will open but after 1 or a few seconds, it will close by itself without any errors. It does not freeze either. It just closes by...
  3. All PC Game pass games just closes after opening them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All PC Game pass games just closes after opening them: Here is the issue. 1. When opening game pass games, Persona 5 Royal, Life is strange true colors, I can see for a second that their application will open but after 1 or a few seconds, it will close by itself without any errors. It does not freeze either. It just closes by...
  4. Game Pass PC games continue running in the background after closing the game down and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass PC games continue running in the background after closing the game down and I...: I have a problem that I don't know how to fix. Every time I play a game which I have installed via Game Pass and I stop playing, the game is still running in the background and, depending on the size of the game, is unnecessarily eating up my RAM. I have tried closing the...
  5. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC Uninstalled games still in sidebar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC Uninstalled games still in sidebar?: I uninstalled minecraft dungeons on the xbox beta pc app cause i couldn't update the game and now its stuck on the sidebar and i can't reinstall it...
  7. Cannot run PC Game Pass games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot run PC Game Pass games: I have just got around to purchasing the PC Game Pass and downloaded 2 games. I tried running The Outer Worlds and it gave me thispopup I was confused and went to the destination the popup listed and everything was fine and present I tried running the executable straight...
  8. Cannot run PC Game Pass games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot run PC Game Pass games: I have just got around to purchasing the PC Game Pass and downloaded 2 games. I tried running The Outer Worlds and it gave me this popup I was confused and went to the destination the popup listed and everything was fine and present I tried running the executable straight...
  9. PC game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC game pass: Me and a friend are trying to download state of decay 2 on pc game pass and its stuck at 17.52 MB for both of us is there any way we can get it to download,it only seems to be on this specific game...
  10. pc game pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    pc game pass: i have game pass but cant download any games from it, error something on there end it says everytime and been like this since I bought it a few days ago any1 else having this problem...